HR and Administration Assistant
Do you want to work for the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable menstrual pads?
AFRIpads is looking for an experienced HR and Administration Assistant at our Masaka, Uganda location.
Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drives life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education and an evidence-based approach. Our core product – AFRIpads Reusable Menstrual Kits – provide women and girls with a sustainable, quality certified menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort and dignity. AFRIpads has its head office in Kampala, Uganda. The AFRIpads factory is located in rural Southwestern Uganda, supported by our team of nearly 100 employees (over 85% female). AFRIpads products are exported to over 40 countries and have impacted the lives of more than 5 million women and girls. To learn more please visit www.afripads.com. AFRIpads, an award winning social enterprise, is founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality.
Who are we looking for
AFRIpads is committed to creating gender equality and is not yet finished with the important journey to change the menstrual barriers that girls and women suffer worldwide. We are experiencing a significant need for our products, which means our local and global sales need to further expand. To support its most important resource, its people, we are looking for an experienced, proactive and energetic HR and Administration Assistant for our Masaka office who is committed to our mission and vision.
You will maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the assigned human resource files and records and perform periodic audits of HR files to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
HR analytics and reporting
You will maintain an HR database and provide timely HR reports such as attendance, leave utilization, turnover, and engagement matrix, etc.
Together with the line supervisors you will manage weekly payroll updates for production staff and ensure they are forwarded on time for approval.
You will undertake administrative duties necessary to fulfill compliance tasks.
You will support the Human Resource Manager in handling disciplinary issues such grievance, conflicts, etc.
Occupational Safety Health
You will coordinate OSH related activities; Conduct weekly risk assessments; Prepare incident reports and provide HRM with safety reports.
You will coordinate formal communications at the factory; answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
Provide clerical support to the HR and administration department.
Visitors/External stakeholder engagements
Act as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include regulators or visitors.
Provide support to the HR manager
Assist on new hire orientation, recruitments, performance management, contract management, and training preparations for factory employees.
Staff welfare & wellness
Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
Who you are
- An experienced Human Resource personnel with a minimum of 2 years experience in a busy production related setting
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- You are proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications
- You have a thorough understanding of Uganda and Regional employment laws is essential
- You have mastery of both English and Luganda, with excellent written and oral language skills
- You possess excellent planning and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively and to proactively improve on existing systems
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are computer literate (advanced literacy of MS Office applications) and familiar with Google Drive
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse employees
- High level of flexibility
What we offer
- A 1-year contract upon signing, with opportunity for performance-based extension
- Being part of a driven, fun and passionate team working on an important mission
- Fun work environment with team activities and drinks
You want to join!
We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who apply; however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.