Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >7 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021 and our launch into retail.
The plans for 2024 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing the product range to serve a growing community and expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse).
The focus of this exciting role at allplants is to develop and execute strategies across owned, earned, shared and paid channels, to drive new customer acquisition whilst maximising return on investment (ROI) and revenue growth. You will ensure that all activities align with the company and brand objectives, whilst being completely integrated with brand messaging and campaign ideas.
Reporting directly to Shelley Macintyre [the GM and CMO], you will be responsible for delivering our acquisition targets across digital performance channels: eg influencers, partnerships, email, paid social, paid search, and affiliates. This will involve working closely with agencies and in-house teams as well as getting stuck in yourself.
You will oversee optimisation and testing roadmap, scaling new opportunities, stay on top of analytics of trends and collection of insights, which you will use in cross functional collaboration with other members of the marketing, creative and product teams. The ultimate goal is to sign up high quality customers, using a suite of channels, to achieve a healthy LTV:CPA ratio and a scaling DTC business.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Developing and implementing performance marketing strategies across the full mix.
Managing and optimising marketing channels on a daily basis with focus on driving balance between new customer volume and LTV:CPA ratio.
Budgeting and forecasting. You will need to develop and manage a marketing budget, allocate resources effectively, and forecast the impact of marketing campaigns on revenue growth.
Performance analysis and reporting. You will also need to manage and optimise the full marketing mix, You will also need to analyse campaign performance and report on key metrics to stakeholders across the organisation. Whilst we work with agency partners who deploy activities across Google, Meta and affiliates, it will be you who leads and ensures that campaigns are delivering the desired results
Collaboration with cross-functional teams is also essential for success. You will work closely with the Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, Ops, Customer Delight and Agencies.
What you'll be doing
Marketing Mix Management
- Developing growth/performance strategy;
- Overseeing day to day campaign management across range of broad channels you are responsible for, ensuring we’re on track to meet goals;
- Including but not limited to paid social, paid search, influencers, partnerships, affiliates, referrals, SEO and offline
- Leadership of external agencies: proactive sharing of future strategy and plans, creating one integrated team that includes the agency teams, monitor performance, keep them informed of business updates and regularly check-in to make sure campaigns are being managed as effectively as they would be in house;
- Identify and assist in troubleshooting any technical/tracking/analytical issues that arise, you will be the go-to person for digital campaign tracking;
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Director to test and learn new creative, ensuring that all paid digital work delivers the best performance while championing brand values;
- Lead and scale the in-house influencer and partnerships program;
- Keeping up to date with new channel features or industry trends, as well as competitor activity, ensuring we don’t miss any opportunities.
- Using tools like Power BI, Google Analytics and Excel, you will analyse performance and feed learnings back into our strategy, at campaign, channel and multi-channel levels.
- You will be required to report on campaign and creative level performance, turning the complex data and learnings you’ve discovered into something digestible for all, with clear actionable insights.
- Additionally, you will be required to work with both the retention team and possibly external data sources to heighten your understanding of both our existing and future customers, feeding this back into our campaign and creative planning.
- Contributing to weekly and monthly reporting as well as managing internal stakeholders.
- You will have one direct report [Influencers, Partnerships and Social Media Manager] and work alongside/mentor more junior team members.
- Identifying the right timing and approach for testing other performance channels. Using the knowledge you have gained through existing channels as well as researching best practices to maximise the test budget.
- You will carry out A/B tests on an ongoing basis across core channels. Bringing your analytic mind and holistic view of end-to-end performance to conversations, ensuring we are constantly learning and improving the key metrics.
- Owning the testing process across our landing pages, ensuring we are constantly testing, learning and working to improve CVR.
- Proper documentation of the tests we run, ensuring we keep a record of outcomes, whether wins or losses, and carry forward those learnings into subsequent testing.
What you'll need
- Substantial performance marketing experience across digital channels and an entrepreneurial mindset, never resting and always seeking out efficient and effective ways to acquire new customers;
- High energy and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building;
- A natural affinity for brands and food with a curiosity for what influences people to choose the things they do;
- Analytical and detail-oriented. Confident with numbers and enjoy analysing data sets and generating meaningful insights. You’re at least an intermediate Excel / Sheets user, able to use formulas and pivots.
- A proactive doer. With a track record of making things happen and driving results;
- Highly organised and able to work in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment, whilst having a resilience for change and agility to adjust plans when required to hit results;
- Customer-first. You naturally put customers first when it comes to building the performance marketing plans, able to put yourself in their shoes, curate the experience they are having with the brand and the user journey, and empathise with their needs.
- An excellent communicator and team player. You’re equally convincing as you are a great listener.
*There's quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 plus an additional day off for your birthday
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover with Medicash
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model: 2+ days at allplants HQ in Walthamstow aka “The Greenhouse”
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave: 16 weeks paid leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to accelerate your learning & growth (we see 1 year with us being equivalent to 2 year elsewhere)
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🌱 50% discount on allplants products
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
✨ Chance to join one of Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for & #7 in Startups' Top 100 most disruptive and innovative startups✌️
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.
- The Greenhouse (HQ & Production)
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Already working at allplants?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.