Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Ambercycle is a material science company founded in 2015 to create a fashion industry without 'waste'. We're developing and scaling a breakthrough technology to manufacture yarns and fabrics from old clothes, without a sacrifice in quality, rather than from petroleum or new agriculture resources. Our apparel products avoid the use of new raw materials and go into the highest quality applications, exceeding the expectations of end customers with a fraction of the environmental footprint. Using our technology, we are fundamentally changing the fashion industry and building the infinite textile ecosystem. For more information, visit www.ambercycle.com
Who You Might Be
You like working with your hands and really understanding how things work in real life. You love efficiency but have a practical outlook on how to get things done and move a project forward. You are respected for your ability to 'make it happen', and people can rely on you to turn visions into realities. You have the perfect mix of strategic, operational, analytical, and people skills. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, deconstructing it, and executing the correct solution.
The Ambercycle Research & Development team develops and scales breakthrough technology to convert end-of-life textile materials into new yarns and fabrics. We use chemistry and materials science to take our innovations from the lab all the way to commercial scale, making the infinite textile ecosystem a physical reality. Our cross-functional team fosters a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The Warehouse Coordinator position will play a critical supporting role for the team by creating efficiencies in our warehouse, and executing daily tasks that ensure smooth operations, both for the warehouse and office. In this role, you will help create an organized work area and assist with the operation of our pilot equipment. A successful candidate in this role will be driven, dynamic, take initiative, and perform tasks with pride in their quality of work.
- Manage and organize warehouse inventory, assisting team members with storing and locating items from the warehouse.
- Receive and handle deliveries.
- Clean and perform basic preventative maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Safely operate forklift and pallet jack to move and store items.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Assist with pilot equipment operation.
- Drive to vendors as needed to pick up items.
- Perform minor repairs in the warehouse and office.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- 2-3 years warehouse and processes operations experience (required).
- Associate Degree in Process Technology or related field (preferred).
- Active forklift operator license (required).
- Active Drivers' License and valid insurance (required).
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong desire to execute tasks with a high level of quality.
- Basic plumbing and electrical skills.
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Knowledge of valves.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate with a safety-first mentality, especially when operating equipment such as a forklift or pallet jack and performing electrical work.
- Ability to frequently lift/push/pull/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free Healthy Snacks & Beverages
Ambercycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Ambercycle is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.