Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Ambercycle is a materials company founded in 2015 to create a circular supply chain for the apparel industry, making decarbonized raw materials across industry verticals. We're doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of regenerated materials in the global apparel supply chain, and reduce the use of raw agricultural and petroleum resources. Our products avoid the use of new raw materials and go into the highest quality applications, exceeding the expectations of end customers with a fraction of the environmental footprint. Our success is the result of the talent, curiosity, and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to realize our vision to improve humanity’s relationship with the material world. Visit www.ambercycle.com to learn more.
The Research & Development Team develops and scales breakthrough technology to convert end-of-life textile materials into new yarns and fabrics. We use chemistry and materials science to take our innovations from the laboratory all the way to commercial scale, making the infinite textile ecosystem a physical reality. Our cross-functional team fosters a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The Research Technologist will be responsible for hands-on research and development of Ambercycle’s technology. You will work closely with technical leadership to conduct laboratory investigations to improve our products and processes. You will perform experiments and gather data to help debottleneck process systems and scale up our technology. You will also help develop our technology from the ground up, playing a critical role in building the foundation for the commercialization of our product.
Who You Might Be
A successful candidate will be a natural problem-solver and curious individual who enjoys learning, taking on dynamic challenges, and facing obstacles with positivity. An ideal candidate will also have familiarity with glassware, reactor systems, analytical assays, and lab procedures.
- Perform experiments, analyze products, and troubleshoot bench-scale processes relevant to scale up technologies.
- Take a disciplined approach to understanding the scope of experiments with guidance from senior team members.
- Assist in writing and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from method development and method transfer activities.
- Maintain laboratory notebook, compile and analyze data, and write reports on method development and validation activities.
- Analyze test samples utilizing appropriate analytical methods.
- Assist in overseeing work conducted by fellow Lab Technologists.
- Order supplies and manage inventory.
- Work in a team, be proactive in your work, seek opportunities to build your understanding, and contribute to a collegial environment.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to lab safety protocols, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, materials science, or other closely related field required.
- 1-6 months of hands-on experimental and lab experience or job-related experience required.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience with organic chemistry, glassware, and reactor system is preferred.
- Experience performing analytical or chemical testing, preferably on pharmaceutical, cosmetic, nutritional, raw materials, water samples, bulk samples, or finished products is preferred.
- Experience with analytical tools such as GC/MS, TLC, LC-MS, NIR, Titration, pH, conductivity and other chemical equipment, techniques and programs used in chemical, pharmaceutical, nutritional or cosmetic product assays/tests is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel, ability to utilize search engines, create spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to work closely with a manager by communicating ongoing progress updates.
- Flexible, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to anticipate and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Ability to be a positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to innovate and troubleshoot.
- A genuine interest and passion for creating the circular textile economy, ending textile ‘waste,’ and making the world more sustainable.
- Able to frequently lift/push/pull/carry up to 35 lbs, and occasionally lift/push/pull/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor skills to manipulate and operate lab equipment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free Healthy Snacks & Beverages
- Lunch Provided on Fridays