Materials Program Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Ambercycle is a materials company founded in 2015 to create a circular supply chain for the apparel industry, making decarbonized raw materials across industry verticals. We're doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of regenerated materials in the global apparel supply chain, and reduce the use of raw agricultural and petroleum resources. Our products avoid the use of new raw materials and go into the highest quality applications, exceeding the expectations of end customers with a fraction of the environmental footprint. Our success is the result of the talent, curiosity, and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to realize our vision to improve humanity’s relationship with the material world. Visit www.ambercycle.com to learn more.
As a Materials Program Manager at Ambercycle, your primary responsibility is to meticulously track the movement of raw materials and other essential components throughout our international supply chain. Your keen attention to detail ensures the seamless flow of materials, optimizing efficiency and minimizing disruptions. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in maintaining an organized record of all supply chain partners.
- Material Tracking: Monitor and oversee the flow of raw materials from procurement to production, ensuring accurate documentation and timely delivery.
- Supply Chain Oversight: Keep a vigilant eye on the entire supply chain process, identifying potential bottlenecks and implementing proactive solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Communication with Partners: Establish and maintain effective communication and reporting channels with partners to foster strong relationships and facilitate smooth collaboration.
- Documentation Management: Maintain comprehensive records of all supply chain activities, including interactions with partners and Bill of Materials (BOM), ensuring accessibility and transparency for the team.
- Risk Mitigation: Proactively forecast, identify and address potential risks within the supply chain, implementing strategies to mitigate disruptions and optimize resource utilization.
- Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement in the supply chain process and implement solutions to enhance overall performance.
- Planning and Forecasting: Lead the build of our Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and processes within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) that will ultimately increase automation and fidelity of end-to-end planning operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Finance/Economics, Engineering, or other relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with material tracking, partner relationship management, production planning, and material scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis & visualization applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau), including ability to create material shortage and variance reports.
- Strong analytical capabilities, including ability to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels as desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free Healthy Snacks & Beverages
- Lunch Provided on Fridays