Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Ambercycle is a materials science company founded in 2015 to make the global fashion industry circular. Every year, over 120 billion garments are disposed of. We’re developing and scaling a breakthrough technology to manufacture yarns and fabrics from these end-of-life clothes, without a sacrifice in quality, rather than from petroleum or new agriculture resources. Our apparel products avoid the use of new raw materials and go into the highest quality applications, exceeding the expectations of end customers with a fraction of the environmental footprint. Using our technology, we are fundamentally changing the fashion industry and building the infinite textile ecosystem. Ambercycle’s first solution, cycora® is a premium fabric made from end-of-life textiles. For more information, visit www.ambercycle.com and @cycora.la on IG.
The Ambercycle Marketing team creates physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, drive actionable change for the betterment of our planet, and invite people to participate in the cycora® ecosystem. We are optimistic, curious, resourceful, and fearless.
We are seeking a social media leader to own and manage cycora®’s presence across key platforms (primarily, but not limited to, Instagram and TikTok) in a way that sustainably scales followers and engagement while delivering story-driven content. Our goal is to be an approachable thought leader in the circular fashion ecosystem and seamlessly partner with brands, organizations, designers, and individuals who foster community and action on this topic.
Who You Might Be
- A passionate relationship builder: You thoughtfully identify potential businesses and people who can authentically amplify the cycora® brand and seek to develop long-term partnerships with engaging content.
- A creative, detail-oriented visual and written communicator: You effectively craft content that is relevant, educational, engaging, and aligns with brand standards and positioning.
- Metrics obsessed: You consistently track key social media performance metrics and thoughtfully interpret trends in a way that demonstrates a focus on continual improvement.
- Highly organized and process driven: Building social media campaigns is a collaborative effort across multiple team members and 3rd parties, so you embrace and successfully lead the processes required to keep all efforts on timeline.
- Responsible for the creation, development, implementation, and management of our social media strategy (including @cycora.la) in order to grow traffic and increase brand awareness, with an emphasis on Instagram and TikTok.
- Create and publish native social content across Instagram posts, Stories, Reels, and TikTok to engage and educate our audience around cycora’s campaign and product priorities.
- Build the content strategy for our key channels with the intent to increase engagement, promote sharing, and improve product education.
- Effectively collaborate with 3rd party partners on product launch campaigns that drive product engagement and sell-through.
- Execute on the strategy by creating content from scratch, alongside our creative team.
- Lead end-to-end creation of Ambercycle’s native social content to drive engagement and boost visibility of Ambercycle’s marketing priorities across multiple platforms.
- Establish, define, and track the most important social media KPIs and build campaign summaries with identified learnings for the future.
- Communicate with social media followers and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee content, postings, comments, and reviews on our social media platform.
- Research and stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Work closely with the Head of Brand to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Ensure all work and content is of highest quality and reflects brand standards.
- Create and manage updates to our native social guidelines to educate cross functional teams and brands on Ambercycle’s social best practices
- A genuine interest and passion for creating the circular textile economy, ending textile 'waste', and making the world more sustainable.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant social channels including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube as well as emerging channels.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva, ability to quickly pick up the usage of new digital tools.
- Strong understanding of the fashion industry and consumer sentiment with extensive brand knowledge particularly in the apparel, performance wear, sportswear, activewear, outerwear, and luxury verticals.
- Strong understanding of digital data analysis and social media KPIs; translating insights into actions.
- Experience working with high profile influencer and celebrity talent.
- Experience working on-set in a video and photo studio environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, including Excel and GSheets.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free Healthy Snacks & Beverages
- Lunch Provided on Fridays