Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
What we are looking for
Ampd Energy is seeking a motivated and versatile Electrical Engineer to support the development of our high-power energy storage system product in the company’s portfolio.Your job will be all-encompassing, and you will be involved in all stages of product development including defining product specifications, designing and testing components and subsystems & writing manufacturing work instructions.
What you need
- Degree in Electronics and/or Electrical Engineering or higher. Power electronics or Power systems specialization preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant electronics design experience including digital design, analog design, and power systems design
- High level of practical electrical skills
- Experience with inverters, transformers, panels, and other power distribution equipment is a plus
- Familiar with evidence-based testing methodology and the use of standard electronic lab equipment (programmable power supplies, programmable loads (DC and AC), power analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMMs etc.)
- Proficiency in Altium PCB layout
- Working proficiency in English.
What you will be doing
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to assemble and troubleshoot prototypes for new/upgraded versions of the company’s containerized energy storage system.
- Develop a detailed testing plan in order to evaluate the electrical performance of the whole system or of components or subsystems; execute and record results for the testing plan which you had developed.
- Draft manufacturing instructions, operating instructions, installation instructions and user's guide or manual for the company’s products
- Field engineering related tasks
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.