Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
What you will do:
- Design and develop electrical components and systems, including (but not limited to): logic and power circuits, printed circuit boards, battery management systems, motor controllers, electrical interfaces, buses, wiring, etc.
- Develop and deploy electronic models, detailed drawings, and analysis required to support the above.
- Lead the purchasing and the manufacturing of owned components and systems with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Prepare prototype and component testing procedures according to company objectives and industry standard regulations. Execute tests and present results.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both internal and external stakeholders.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a related field.
- A thorough understanding of circuits, devices, and electronics components.
- Full competency with basic laboratory electrical test equipment.
- Proficiency with industry-standard PCB CAD software (e.g. Altium, Pads, Cadence etc.)Experience developing electrical test procedures and/or managing test execution.
- Experience in power electronics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the chemical, electrical and physical properties of batteries is a plus.
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.