Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
What we are looking for
Ampd Energy is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our team with a minimum of 8 years of experience in embedded software engineering. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop Ampd Energy’s Microgrid Controller and DERM’s platform from scratch. You can contribute with your knowledge and passion in the development of innovative technologies that accelerate the deployment of renewable energy technologies.
What you will need
- Embedded System Programming: Experience programming in C, C++, and Assembly for common TI, AR and PIC processors
- Mathematical Computing: Experience with MATLAB and related products like Simulink and State flow for simulation and modeling tasks.
- Software Tools: Practical usage of software management tools like Git, Bitbucket, and Jira. Experience with GNU build tools, cross-compilers, and Docker for containerization.
- Embedded Interfaces: Experience developing low-level device drivers for hardware peripheral interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USART, JTAG, GPIO, ADC and USB.
- RTOS and Frameworks: Programming knowledge of Operating Systems like TI-RTOS, Linux for embedded targets and VxWorks. Familiarity with frameworks like Embedded Coder from MathWorks.
- Safety and Reliability Standards: Working knowledge of safety standards like IEC 61508 and reliability methodologies such as Fault Trees, RBD, STPA, and FMEA.
- Coding Standards: Experience adhering to coding guidelines and standards like MISRA-C and SEI CERT C.
- Systems Engineering: Understanding of systems engineering principles, requirements gathering, analysis, and validation, including familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering tools.
- Test Automation: Experience with software quality assurance including unit and integration test development, and code inspection and reviews.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain embedded software solutions for Microgrid Controller, battery management systems (BMS) and interfaces to the Energy Management System (EMS).
- This role will lean towards development of middleware and embedded communication interfaces to higher layer applications and client applications, such as EMS, as well as internal BMS components.
- Support software architecture design, requirements analysis, interface definition.
- Support interface to integrate model-based automatically generated code in embedded platform.
- Conduct system validation and verification supported with automated tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for system integration and product certification.
- Ensure system reliability and functional safety compliance.
- Support network infrastructure development in an embedded system platform over embedded Linux or RTOS: Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus TCP, OPC/UA
- Evaluate and implement BMS mathematical algorithms, machine learning and AI solutions in resource-limited embedded systems.
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.