Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later, with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit.
Angaza is building a more equitable world through access to credit and financial inclusion. With Angaza’s point-of-sale (POS) consumer financing solution, consumers in Kenya and other emerging markets can acquire life-changing products, like smartphones and appliances, by paying over time for their cost.
Angaza’s inclusive finance platform is already used by businesses in 50+ countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and Asia to improve the daily lives of over 20 million people.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data & Device Platforms team (one of three product development teams at Angaza). Applicants should have 4+ years of prior software engineering work experience.
Please note that while this is a remote role, we are requiring this person to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
What You'll Do
- Develop backend features for key integrations including developer APIs, ETL services, and device management
- Design and build new platform functionality, such as loan management, credit underwriting, and transaction and payment processing at scale
- Review code, pair with colleagues, and provide mentorship
We're Looking for Someone With
- 4+ years experience in a relevant field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure (or similar)
- Experience designing and implementing APIs at scale
- Backend: Python with Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery
- Infrastructure: AWS with PostgreSQL, EC2, Lambda, and friends managed through Terraform
- Frontend: modern JS with React/Redux
- Mobile: Android with Kotlin
We don’t expect you to have mastered every technology before you get here. This role emphasizes backend development, performance, and scaling. Data & Device Platforms does not typically work on the Android application.
Angaza is a for-profit company with headquarters in Nairobi and San Francisco.
Employees receive salary and competitive benefits that include:
- Company-sponsored private medical plan
- Pension plan with company contribution
- Flexible scheduling and time off policies
- Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!
Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
See more open positions at Angaza
Something looks off?