Customer Success Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later, with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit.
Angaza is building a more equitable world through access to credit and financial inclusion. With Angaza’s point-of-sale (POS) consumer financing solution, consumers in Kenya and other emerging markets can acquire life-changing products, like smartphones and appliances, by paying over time for their cost.
Angaza’s inclusive finance platform is already used by businesses in 50+ countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and Asia to improve the daily lives of over 20 million people.
Angaza’s Customer Success Managers (CSMs) are the face of Angaza and are responsible for orchestrating a superior customer experience. This position joins a team of CSMs who focus on proactive customer engagement to identify growth opportunities and mitigate against business risk. Our Customer Success team promotes overall customer satisfaction and product adoption through optimizing the value our customers gain from the Angaza platform. This role will be responsible for independently managing a portfolio of both English and French speaking customers and ensuring their success with Angaza’s comprehensive suite of software tools. This position is domiciled in Nairobi with occasional international travel and reports to the Manager of Customer Experience. Candidates from the wider African continent and beyond are eligible to apply.
- Help our customers optimize their use of our software platform to effectively sell life-changing products to end-users at scale
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Effectively communicate the value of the Angaza platform via scheduled meetings and business reviews
- Become an expert in Angaza’s software products and provide recommendations to suit varying customer needs
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and customer personnel
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities through data analysis and customer engagements and collaborate with the commercial teams (Marketing, Sales) to follow up
- Carefully and rigorously maintain the company CRM as a repository of customer information
- BS/BA degree in relevant technical/educational field
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing relationships with enterprise, mid market and SMB customers, for a software or technical product
- Demonstrated track record of managing and nurturing B2B customer relationships and retaining/building accounts; experience in a start-up context a strong plus
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages
- Comfort with technology and digital tools
- Ability to represent Angaza at industry events and with existing customers
- Outstanding written and spoken language ability in English
- Skilled at data analysis
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, high-performing start-up work environment
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce, to log activities and manage customer communications
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
- A strong command of the French language is an added advantage
Since this role is responsible for a portfolio including companies who primarily conduct business in French, candidates who can communicate in business French are preferred and will be given extra consideration. Please fill out the "French Proficiency" questionnaire if this applies to you.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as completing the required CSM Eligibility questionnaire and, if applicable, optional French Proficiency questionnaire.
Angaza is a for-profit company with headquarters in Nairobi and San Francisco.
Employees receive salary and competitive benefits that include:
- Company-sponsored private medical plan
- Pension plan with company contribution
- Flexible scheduling and time off policies
- Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!
Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.