Research Associate, Cell Biology
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Associate to join our multidisciplinary R&D team dedicated to driving our therapeutic portfolio from discovery stage to clinical manufacturing. You will have a passion for supporting high-impact projects and are expected to make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of our bioprinted tissue therapeutic programs. In your role you will be responsible for completing bioprinting projects related to development of cell therapies for our type 1 diabetes program. This includes planning, performing, and documenting cell culture, processing, in vitro characterization, and cryopreservation procedures, analyzing data, and presenting results to a diverse audience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform mammalian cell culture tasks including thawing and passaging cells, changing media, counting cells, and collecting samples.
- Perform in vitro plate reader-based assays such as ELISAs, viability assays, microscopy, etc.
- Execute scientific studies to support the bioprinting of pancreatic cell therapeutic tissues for in vitro and in vivo analysis.
- Support the execution of preclinical studies with the preparation of cultured cells, biomaterials, and culture media.
- Support activities within preclinical R&D groups including cell culture, analysis, assay development, reagent preparation, and other.
- Drive key program milestones and direction by analyzing data, interpreting results, and presenting information through experimental reports and presentations.
- Align cell culture approaches with scale-up and manufacturing teams to support the development of therapies.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, including laboratory notebooks and batch records.
- Follow SOPs and proactively investigate and improve existing methods and techniques.
- Contribute technical expertise in cell biology to shape therapeutic strategies and programs
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: MSc in cell biology, or similar discipline or a BSc with 1 year of experience.
- Beneficial Experience: An expert in sterile technique with at least 1 year of experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
- Cell Culture Experience: Experience with 3D, spheroid, organoid or hydrogel cell culture is an asset. Experience with immortalized insulinoma cell lines, primary or stem cell derived insulin-producing cells will be an asset.
- Professional Experience: 1 year experience in a biotech or commercial setting is an asset.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
See more open positions at Aspect Biosystems
Something looks off?