Research Associate, Biomedical Engineering
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 1, 2023
We are seeking an innovative Research Associate to join our multidisciplinary R&D team focused on life-changing, cell-based implantable tissue therapeutics. In this role, you will provide support for the design, manufacturing, and testing of bioprinted tissues by using and adapting Aspect’s microfluidic bioprinting technology. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of engineers, cell biologists, and biomaterials experts, to develop bioprinted tissues that could transform the way we develop medicines and treat disease.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help develop, characterize, and validate bioprinting processes and tissue devices for therapeutic applications.
- Test new microfluidics printheads and printer accessories to enable processing of new biomaterials.
- Culture and process cells and biomaterials for bioprinting tissue development studies.
- Perform in vitro assays to characterize bioprinted tissue health and function, including cell viability staining, immunostaining, and ELISA techniques.
- Perform morphometric, mechanical, and stability tests to characterize new bioprinted tissue implants.
- Create experimental reports and present experiments to key stakeholders.
- Rigorously document all work, following documentation standards.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic bioprinting technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: BSc or MSc in Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, or similar program.
- Technical Skill Set: You have good mechanical engineering experience with an interest in microfluidics and preferably 3D printing. Being familiar with 2D and 3D cell Culture would be an asset.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have good verbal and non-verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigor. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.