Process Development Associate
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
We are seeking a Process Development Associate with a strong interest in drug substance, process optimization, and GMP manufacturing to join our dynamic Process Development team. In this role, you will be a key contributor to our PD drug substance group, focusing on the cGMP production of bioprinted primary and stem cell-derived tissue therapeutics for clinical applications. Your primary responsibilities will include developing, qualifying, and validating manufacturing processes for bioprinted tissue therapeutics using Aspect's cutting-edge microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology. Additionally, you will support equipment and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with GMP standards. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate closely with a talented team of tissue engineers, biomaterials experts, and biologists in optimizing and qualifying the GMP manufacturing of bioprinted tissue therapeutics that have the potential to revolutionize the treatment of diseases like diabetes and liver disease.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Clean, disinfect, prepare, and monitor production equipment and environment.
- Assemble, set-up, and disassemble production equipment.
- Execute on production activity according to defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Batch Production Records (BPRs).
- Rigorously document all work in accordance with cGMPs, following and championing documentation standards.
- Support projects of medium to moderate scope (e.g., solution / bioink preparation, process scale exploration, operational excellence / process improvement, lab safety).
- Revise SOPs and BPRs and support projects that will improve our production performance.
- Cross train on production unit operations (e.g., bioprinting, bioprocessing).
- Help with qualification and validation activities of our bioprinted tissue therapeutics.
- Recognize and troubleshoot process issues and initiate deviations with oversight.
- Become a qualified trainer and help train others on the tasks and equipment in your production unit.
- Assist in the collection and tracking of area metrics and process control data.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in science is highly preferred OR minimum a high school diploma (or GED) coupled with biotechnology coursework and industry experience.
- Industry Experience: 2+ years experience in a compliant biotechnology manufacturing setting. Has worked within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or scientific methods. Developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods or operational processes to perform a variety of activities.
- Cell Culture Experience: Experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture and pluripotent cell culture will be an asset.
- Critical Thinker: You are a motivated and organized critical thinker with a strong ability to identify and solve problems.
- Effective Communicator: You have good verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to your supervisor and peers.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You are well organized and functional in a dynamic work environment.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together. You have a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to meet goals.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.