Quality Control Associate, Microbiology
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
We are seeking a Quality Control Associate, Microbiology to join Aspect’s Quality team. You will execute activities required to demonstrate microbial control of materials, environments, and processes for Aspect’s bio-printed therapeutic tissue products. The position performs sampling and analysis of raw materials, environment and personnel, in-process materials and final products to support the development of Aspect’s bio-printed tissue therapies. This is an onsite lab-based position.
- Perform routine QC Microbiology testing such as endotoxin, bioburden, and sterility following effective SOPs.
- Conduct sample collection for Environmental Monitoring of the cleanroom (air samples, particle counts, surface sampling, etc.) and for Personnel Monitoring.
- Evaluate in-process microbiology samples and record results to ensure QC microbiology database is accurate and current.
- Order QC microbiology media and supplies and maintain inventory control to ensure availability of adequate material.
- Contribute to troubleshooting / laboratory investigation efforts with supervisory guidance.
- Identify opportunities for improvements within QC Microbiology procedures and documentation.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment which include but not limited to autoclave, BSC, plate reader, incubators, microscope, colony counter, air sampler and particle counter.
- Participate in the laboratory housekeeping tasks to ensure that lab cleanliness and biosafety safety standards are maintained.
- Conduct aseptic sampling of raw materials, in-process and finished product samples as required.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and maintain strict and accurate Good Documentation Practices (GDP) of all test procedures and results.
- BSc in a related Life Sciences discipline along with a minimum 2 years experience in a cGMP facility or previous experience in a QA/QC role within a similar biotechnology setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Systems.
Who You Are
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.