Lab Operations Co-op
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
We are seeking a Laboratory Operations Co-op to join our talented team of researchers in the discovery of bioprinted therapeutics. You will be a vital part of our lab
operations and perform all lab support duties, including, but not limited to, supply management, laboratory cleaning, and providing lab services.
The hiring range for this role is $3,000 - $4,000 per month. Our ranges are based on market data and offered salaries will be based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience. Members of the Aspect team also receive equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and support for continuous learning and career progression.
- Perform routine lab tasks such as glass washing, autoclaving, gas monitoring and hazardous waste disposal.
- Replenish and maintain stock levels of lab consumables and report any shortages to your manager in a timely manner.
- Carry out inventory for chemicals, reagents, and supplies.
- Assist in maintaining common equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, biological safety cabinets and incubators and report any issues promptly.
- Keep all electronic files, paperwork and notebooks up to date and in good order.
- Prepare commonly used reagents as requested.
- Help keep lab work areas clean and tidy
- Support lab teams with other duties as needed.
- Education: Enrolled in a college or university science related course. Some practical hands-on lab experience preferred.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.