Quality Control Bioanalytics Co-op
Data Science, Quality Assurance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
We are seeking a Quality Control Bioanalytics Co-op to join Aspect’s multidisciplinary Quality Control Analytics team focused on assay development and characterization of 3D bioprinted tissue therapeutics as life-changing, cell-based implantable therapeutics. In this role, you will provide support to design and execute biological, biomechanical, and/or biomaterial properties of 3D bioprinted tissues for pre-clinical and partnership development tracks. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of cell biologists, biomaterials experts, and engineers to develop bioprinted tissues that could transform the way we develop medicines and treat disease.
The hiring range for this role is $3,000 - $4,000 per month. Our ranges are based on market data and offered salaries will be based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience. Members of the Aspect team also receive equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and support for continuous learning and career progression.
- Perform in vitro assays to assess the health, function, and maturation of 3D tissues in vitro and ex vivo, including techniques such as cell viability assays, immunostaining, and ELISA. Additional studies may assess the biomechanical properties of the bioprinted tissues such as elasticity, tensile strength, rheology.
- Help develop assays, protocols, and forms to characterize 3D bioprinted tissue therapeutics
- Support the qualification and validation of analytical equipment and assays in coordination with industry standards and regulatory guidelines to ensure assay consistency and reproducibility
- Work closely with biologists, biomaterial scientists, and engineers to evaluate bioprinted tissue therapeutic properties.
- Create experimental protocols and reports to present to key stakeholders.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, leveraging Aspect Biosystems QMS system to ensure completeness.
- Support the development of raw material testing for potential and lead bioprinted tissue therapeutics.
- Education: Student enrolled in cell/molecular biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, or similar program.
- Professional Experience: Previous work experience executing research and development in a wet lab setting. You can design and execute experiments, conduct technical literature searches, and have a full understanding of the research and development process.
- Assay Experience: You have hands-on experience with experimental techniques for performing biological assays (ELISA, colorimetric assays, immunostaining), and data analysis.
- Beneficial Experience:You have hands-on experience with aseptic technique and carrying out mammalian cell culture. Experience working with primary cells, iPSC-derived cells, or organoids in 3D culture systems would be advantageous but not required.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious:You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.