Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
You will help us...
- Capture vendor invoices into NetSuite, ensuring accurate coding and processing any related journals and schedules for advances, prepaids and asset capitalization.
- Processing of employee reimbursements.
- Maintain a high level of customer service, such as responding promptly and professionally to internal and external inquiries regarding supplier invoices paid or unpaid.
- Research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons and/or departments.
- Investigate discrepancies where vendor invoices do not match purchase order/contract amount; request credits as needed.
- Assisting with payment processing by reviewing payments for accuracy on a periodic basis, running pay cycles for a variety of payment methods and currencies.
- Ensuring supplier details are maintained up to date.
- Reconcile vendor accounts, prepare ageing and ensure the accuracy of financial data.
- Support for month-closing activities.
- Assist in handling audit queries.
- Take ownership of the AP function, build and lead the team.
- Pursue continuous improvement opportunities resulting in improved processing time.
What makes you a great match 🚀
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance.
- At least 3 years experience in an accounts payable role.
- Should have worked in a team. Leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a SaaS/ IT/ITes environment preferred.
- Should be a self-starter and be able to build and lead a team in the future.
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Excel and Word.
- Exposure to Oracle Netsuite and any P2P software preferred.
- Should have a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of taxes applicable on P2P process.