Sales Engineering Manager
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Why this role is important for us? 🔗
- We started as a data team ourselves, and we want to be the kind of partner that we would have liked to have ourselves! This principle guides all our values and business decisions. For example, we are open by default — built on open APIs, fully open architecture, publicly available documentation, no lock-ins, etc.
- We fundamentally believe that the most important role of our sales and go-to-market team is to help customers solve problems and play the role of a trusted advisor. Sometimes this might mean turning customers away and even recommending other solutions. Even if we lose some revenue in the short term by doing so, we believe that doing right by the customer is always the right thing to do
- Our GTM team has been growing rapidly to meet customer demand and we’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sales Engineering Leader to not only lead a team of talented Sales Engineers, but also to help define our Sales Engineering motion as we continue to grow and scale.
- The role of Sales Engineering Manager is a multifaceted position that combines leadership, technical expertise, and hands-on engagement with customers.
Your mission at Atlan...
- Team leadership and development - You will recruit, hire, onboard, and train new Sales Engineers. Mentor and develop team members, setting clear performance objectives and providing regular feedback and conduct regular performance evaluations and create individual development plans
- Sales Support and deal oversight - Assist in high-profile deals by providing technical expertise and guidance. Review and approve technical proposals, ensuring they meet customer requirements and align with the company's capabilities.
- Process Optimization - you will develop and streamline processes and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales engineering team whilst monitoring the quality and consistency of technical presentations, demos, and proofs of concept.
- Technical expertise - You will serve as a technical expert for key accounts, particularly during high-stakes sales negotiations or when solving complex technical challenges. Also keeping abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and the company's product portfolio.
- Training and Enablement: Ensure the sales engineering team is adequately trained on the latest product features, technologies, and sales techniques. Facilitate cross-training sessions between sales and technical teams to foster better collaboration.
What makes you a great match 🚀
- Leadership experience: Minimum of 7-10 years experience as Sales Engineer and more recently a Sales Engineering Leader (minimum 3 years leadership experience) in data!
- Data background: Ideally has prior experience as a hands-on data practitioner/engineer.
- Strategic accounts: You will need experience with Fortune 500 customers, dealing with complex sales cycles and multi stakeholder deals.
- Problem solving: You love to nerd out on technical problems and find creative, out of the box solutions to customer problems.
- Technical expertise: You are proficient in SQL, Python and Rest API's.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You're excited about the opportunity to scale.