United States · India
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2024
Why this role is important for us? 🔗
- Connecting to a customer or prospect’s data estate is the single most important moment in their journey with Atlan. Ingesting their asset universe and the associated metadata (including lineage) is the foundation on which all value is made possible–and it’s where trust is built.
- The Integration Engineer role was purpose built for this moment, collaborating with our Field and Engineering teams to land new logos, onboard customers, and unlock new value that can lead to expansion. We believe the Integration Engineer is at the epicenter of how we’re building a best-in-class customer experience–and it will be a driving reason why we can and will win our rapidly exploding market opportunity.
- As an Integration Engineer, you are a technical savant who loves engaging directly with customers, and covet the autonomy of being the point person responsible for rapidly guiding our customer’s integration of their data estate. You seek out diverse problems, and are equally at home running deep discovery on a workflow failure as you are leveraging your experiences to improve our product, proactively mentoring a customer, and being a driving force behind the strategic initiatives that will shape our Integration team’s future.
- As part of Atlan, you join a high-growth startup with a hyper motivated team which is disrupting the experience for the humans of data. We collectively have the privilege and mandate to build a product, team and company that will drive the future for data teams including top-tier companies such as Plaid, Monster and WeWork.
What will you do? 🤔
- Product Expert: Utilise your deep expertise to set up connectivity for a prospect or customer's instance to their data estate, guiding integration setup, solving workflow & lineage issues promptly, fielding technical questions, and identifying use cases for future enhancements.
- Workflow Scalability & Stability: At the frontline with trial customers, you’ll often be the first to observe issues & how packages can be optimised for the future. This will allow you to collaborate closely with product engineering teams to swiftly detect and address workflow issue patterns, provide feedback on released fixes, new features, and contribute to the overall product direction.
- Customer Management: Offer world-class support throughout the user journey, employing a combination of soft skills like empathy to build trust with users and hard skills like technical debugging to resolve issues effectively. You will be engaged both proactively and reactively, being entrusted with full ownership to guide workflow integrations.
- Documentation: Enhance internal and customer-facing documentation based on frontline observations, ensuring it reflects the dynamic nature of the platform and provides valuable insights for users.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- Experience in customer facing technical roles (Integration Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Solution Architect, Data Engineer).
- Experience deploying and managing connectors, including debugging and resolving break/fix and configuration issues.
- Capable of owning the technical onboarding of a set of customers, demonstrating the ability to drive successful outcomes in short timeframes.
- Value familiarity with a broad set of tools including Data Warehouses and Data Lakes, ELT/ETL, Business Intelligence, orchestration, and data quality tools.
- Highly value prior experience with the modern data stack, namely Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, Airflow, Monte Carlo, and any major BI tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Sigma and Thoughtspot).
- Experience using APIs and in one or multiple coding languages with a strong preference for Python and Java.
- You are curious and keen to expand the depth/breadth of your knowledge of data technologies.
- You are obsessive about culture and will be a torchbearer that makes us all better.