Technical Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
United States · India
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2024
What will you do? 🤔
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow up on the status of problems with respective workgroups on behalf of the end customer.
- Never be satisfied when it comes to solving a customer problem - get into the root-cause identification by analysing cascaded symptoms and prevent similar issues from reoccurring
- Proactively take calls and manage service levels and abandon rates during business-critical needs. Address urgent issues quickly, work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Handle major incidents by coordinating with multiple teams
- Take ownership of technical issues by working closely with developers to resolve more complicated problems.
- Work closely with the CS and Engineering team to enhance the quality of existing products.
- Use logs, metrics and alerts to gauge the health of the system, and debug when issues hit the platform or the product
- Craft well-written, user-facing communication and documentation
- Translate user feedback and needs to well-scoped requirements, and collaborate with our engineering team to deliver them in Atlan
- Build processes to scale customer support including ticketing management, SLAs, workflows and more.
- Own Atlan's product documentation & training content, and craft well-written user-facing communications and documentation.
- Train and mentor new team members as we scale our Customer Happiness function
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- You are experienced as a data practitioner and/or have operated in a B2B SaaS organisation, and you're now looking to expand your horizons and build product-led growth with deep user empathy.
- You understand data and software markets, products, and businesses. Familiarity with the modern data stack across ETL, storage, BI, and everything in between, with a demonstrated ability to stay up to date with new developments, is a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot software, understand customer requirements & workflow and resolve more advanced issues while working within escalation procedures.
- A high rate of learning, natural curiosity, and eagerness to debate opinions to find the truth. Previously demonstrated aptitude for partnering with internal or external stakeholders across geographies.
- Logging and keeping records of various issues to help the team prioritise fixes and automations, along with measuring the product quality.
- Excellent problem-solving, documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Good to have the understanding of at least one of the programming languages (PHP, Java, Python).
- Operational support experience - the ability to capture the user environment during trouble shooting & work towards speedy and accurate resolutions for client issues.