Engineering Manager - Data Governance
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
What will you do? 🤔
- This will be unlike any tech team you know — we are building an engineering culture. This role needs you to bring your leadership in helping us create more leaders.
- You’ll work very closely with our technical leadership and be responsible for managing sprints, delivery timelines, and stand-ups.
- You’ll act as a bridge between engineering, product, and business stakeholders across distributed teams.
- You won't shy away from getting your hands dirty and will actively contribute to the architecture and code base of the product.
- You are primarily responsible for helping the engineering team ship software that works as expected on schedule
- You will ensure that the right battles are fought when building the product, and that the right people in the team work on the projects that align with their strengths.
- You will ensure that cross-function alignment happens on issues that involve more than one of the frontend, backend, and cloud teams in engineering.
- You'll debug and reproduce production issues with engineers, and make sure that incident reports and root-cause analysis are documented.
- You’ll be responsible for the growth, mentorship, and happiness of your team members.
- You’ll actively geek out over relevant technologies in the data space, since you have to keep yourself updated on the trends in the data ecosystem.
What makes you a great match for us? 😍
- Overall 12-15 years of experience building a SaaS B2B product with at least 2-4 years of management experience.
- Analytical skills for evaluating and solving complex problems
- Familiarity with the modern data stack
- Ability to review architecture, design and code as required
- Prior hands-on experience with at least one programming language - Java, Python, GoLang
- Establishing a working model for the engineering process - code quality, hygiene, building unit and regression tests.
- Communication skills for managing a team and collaborating with peers, stakeholders and leadership.
- Domain knowledge of data management, data catalogue or data governance is a plus.
Working at Atlan 👨💻 👩💻
- We love open-source. One of our open-source projects was trending worldwide on GitHub.
- Read about our 10 engineering commandments
- The why, what, and who of internships at Atlan
- Engineering demos: How we share knowledge and build better engineering culture
- Going from great people to greater teams: How we think about growth at Atlan