Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
What will you do? 🤔
- Take end-to-end responsibility of the backend for our products.
- Plan for the future by clearly communicating the cost-benefit of a given solution and advocating the best path forward.
- Understand and mitigate risk through robust analysis and testing.
- Work closely with frontend developers, data engineers, and members of other internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to the experience for our users.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- You are fluent in HTTP and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand.
- You are an expert in Python or Golang and have a desire to deepen your knowledge in current technologies as well as learn new ones.
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction.
- You can easily explain complex technical concepts to designers, customer success reps, and other engineers in no time.
- You have a basic understanding of DevOps (log rotation, reverse proxies, and other activities that give reliability to the software in development).
- You have an experience working in a startup environment, preferably with a SaaS product.
- You love open source as much we do! Bonus points if you are an active contributor to the community (e.g. speak at conferences, meetups, etc).
- You have an experience building a product from scratch or being in the initial backend team of any startup.
Working at Atlan 👨💻 👩💻
- We love open-source. One of our open-source projects was trending worldwide on GitHub.
- Read about our 10 engineering commandments
- The why, what, and who of internships at Atlan
- Engineering demos: How we share knowledge and build better engineering culture
- Going from great people to greater teams: How we think about growth at Atlan