Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Management (Start-up)
Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Management (Start-up)
Avant Proteins Pte Ltd
Avant is Asia’s first cultivated fish company. Avant’s technology offers a system to produce nutritious, tasty fish and functional marine proteins directly from fish cells at economically viable costs. The group’s end-to-end technology platform also allows continuous new product development from scratch all the way to production. Avant aims to be a global leader in producing traceable and sustainably cultivated proteins in a fully contained environment for food, skincare, and functional applications. Founded in 2018, Avant now has a presence in Singapore and Greater China. Avant has also been awarded Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and featured in Reuters, Financial Times, TIME, Forbes, The Telegraph, South China Morning Post, and CCTV. For more information, please visit www.avantmeats.com.
The role suits a great team player who is proactive, driven, results-oriented, a dedicated high performer, and a keen learner. It offers abundant space for personal and professional growth.
· One full-time on-site role based in North West region of Singapore
· Candidate must be eligible to work in Singapore without the need for a company-sponsored work permit
· Outdoor work and travel within Singapore and overseas travels may be required
Supply Chain Management
• Report to Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management remotely
• Hands-on management of key operational functions: (1) Suppliers/Service Providers Prequalification, Due Diligence, Selection and Registration (2) Inventory Control (3) Logistics (4) Warehousing (5) Suppliers/Service Providers Relationship Tracking and Compliance Checking (6) Operational Administration.
• Full range of supply chain duties, including collecting and compiling requirements from the production team, R&D team and other teams, sourcing/selection of suitable suppliers, quotations acquisition and analysis, preparation of procurement paper for internal compliance, issuance of purchase orders, cost and terms negotiations, delivery planning and operations etc.
• Coordinate with the production team to conduct quarterly, monthly and monthly planning of input materials (including raw materials, packaging and in-process consumables).
• Coordinate with the production team to conduct quarterly, monthly and monthly planning of inventory output.
• Based on a coordinated plan, monitor and track the process of manufacturing goods from input materials to finished products
• Oversee and manage the warehouse operations consisting of shipment and inventory management and issuance of goods to respective outlets and recipients.
• Plan, forecast and monitor demand and supply and manage Inventory replenishment for both warehouse and plants to ensure an optimal inventory level
• Prepare reports such as but not limited to Inventory reports and analyse performance metrics
• Coordinate and manage materials delivery with suppliers to avoid shortage of materials
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and address logistics issues to obtain effective solutions ensuring on-time delivery
• Develop, implement and execute supply chain strategies to optimize service levels, cost effectiveness and lead time reduction
• Ensure the alignment of supply chain operations with the overall business objectives
• Conduct yearly evaluation on the performance of various service providers and develop a quotation evaluation process for effective assessment, comparison and decision-making
• Ensure compliance with regulations and required standards in all operations
• Develop, implement, and continuously improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to optimize supply chain processes and work activities.
• Support management on ad-hoc tasks as assigned
• Undertake any other projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the courier and freight forwarding arrangement including local and international deliveries
• Support Operations Team with sourcing, evaluating and negotiating office-related suppliers and vendors other areas upon request as well as any other ad-hoc office-based administrative support as assigned
• Provide support in the following area (Non-technical laboratory supplies) :
- Identify, grade and streamline vendors or suppliers
- Source, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors as well as explore online platforms such as but not limited to Taobao, Shopee and Lazada, for the best value without compromising quality.
- Develop innovative ways to manage supplies by monitoring usage levels and automating the replenishment of supplies keeping in mind to reduce wastage and storage space
• Develop innovative ways to manage supplies by monitoring usage levels and automating the replenishment of supplies keeping in mind to reduce wastage and storage space
• Develop, communicate and implement processes and procedures to safeguard people, assets and sustainable operations
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operational Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
• Min. 5 years of proven experience in supply chain, process improvement, logistics, and distribution center operations
• Prior work experiences in the Biotechnology industry, CPG, FMCG or MNC are advantageous
• Good computer literacy, advanced user of MS Excel
• Experience using ERP system(s) is essential, experience of implementing ERP system(s) is highly advantageous
• Good command in both written and spoken English, Proficient in Chinese (Mandarin) in both written and spoken would be a plus
• Conversant with apps commonly used for communication with suppliers in PRC
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong numerical sense and data analysis skills
• Strong understanding of international and national industry standards
• Proven experience in sustainability roles, with a focus on carbon footprint reduction and sustainable sourcing would be a plus
• Strong sourcing skills and good supplier networking and negotiation skills
• High level of integrity and professionalism
• Pragmatic, can-do spirit, and up to go beyond the comfort zone
• Open to and can learn from feedback through developing steps for improvement
• Eager to take up new challenges, proven ability to excel in an unstructured environment that is fast-paced and with a steep learning curve
• Able to work independently and take full ownership of tasks, focusing on delivering timely results
• Well organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistently excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills during normal and special situations
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Self-motivated, pragmatic and can-do spirit
• Great team player and highly reliable
• Ability to manage multi-task well in a fast pace environment
• Sustainability mission-driven and aligned
Salary & Benefits:
• 5-day week
• Competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications and experiences
• Medical insurance
• Performance-based discretionary bonus
All applications received will be used exclusively for employment purposes only.
Please apply by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• cover letter and
Please include your expected salary and date of availability.