UI/UX Designer (Remote)
Blue Sky Analytics
At Blue Sky Analytics, we specialise in converting satellite data into actionable, high-frequency climate datasets for physical climate risks around the world. These data sets have multiple use cases in banking, asset management, insurance, natural capital asset markets, carbon credit markets, supply chain risk management, disaster management, and more.
We are also a founding member of TRACE, led by former US Vice President Al Gore, which aggregates and tracks global greenhouse gas emissions and provides input for climate change negotiations between nations and various policy decisions. We provide wildfire emission data to Climate TRACE.
We have been recognised and awarded in the categories of space-tech/climate-tech/AI & Data Innovation by Fast Company, MIT, The Times, The Tech for Global Good, Space Oscars, and AWS Space. You can also check out our products, SpaceTime™ & Climate Data Hub, which can be logged in with any Gmail account for the freemium version to see for yourself.
Recently, we mapped major water bodies worldwide; users can see how a water body has changed over the years and get estimates of surface area. This is a unique body of work with multiple use cases. Additionally, we are producing a 7-day forecast of wildfires worldwide and measuring emissions from wildfires. We are also building many more data sets, such as flood forecasting, inundations, measuring water quality, power plant emissions, landfill emissions, and more.
We are a team of 25 (data scientists, Engineers, Sales & Marketing) based in Gurugram, The Hague, and Mumbai.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for all aspects of product design such as user research, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and user testing.
- Integrating UX/UI design with a focus on data, usability, intuitiveness, responsiveness, and visual coherence.
- Work closely with the CTO and Frontend Lead to design user-flows and visuals for various product features that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Talking to the data team and understanding how a particular dataset works and iterate designs based on that.
- Taking a user-centred design approach and rapidly testing and iterating designs.
- Stay up to date with the latest UX trends and incorporate them into the product.
- Care about UI and design standards.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience working preferably in a tech startup/DaaS/SaaS space.
- Experience working in a high-growth or early-stage Product (B2B) company.
- Experience in a data domain and made insightful visualisation for complex data.
- Little understanding about how tech and data works and monitoring technology developments to identify new UX trends.
- Excellent understanding of clean UI, typography, and colours.
- Strong knowledge of different design systems.
- Have strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience using various design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch).
- Work from Home
- Open source at heart: We are building a community where you can use, contribute and collaborate on.
- Comprehensive health cover: Health cover for you and your dependents to keep you tension free.
- Company retreats
- Yearly vacations