Lab Manager and Health & Safety Officer
We are looking for a process orientated person to manage the lab and health and safety at Brill Power. We are a small to medium sized team of around 40 full time employees in a hybrid working environment. We have developed our health and safety provision in-house to suit our needs best which empowers our team to be proactive about health and safety provisions. This role has opportunities to specialise and become a trained professional in the field. You will report directly to the CTO.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The person who takes on this role will have two main functions 1) electronics lab management and 2) health and safety officer. Due to the nature of the responsibilities, this role will be an in-office role with the possibility to work from home occasionally.
You will manage our laboratories at 3-5 Hythe Bridge Street. Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and designing new test stations and pieces of equipment
- Ensuring the laboratory is kept in a professional manner
- Communicating with the team about everyone’s responsibilities to help manage the laboratory
- Enabling the team to run experiments with as little hinderance as possible
- Liaise with the procurement and stock control team.
Health and Safety Officer
You will take on the responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer at Brill Power with an opportunity to grow in seniority in this position. At present, our health and safety provisions are designed around internal systems and processes with the help of external professional help. Should you wish to specialise in this role, professional training will be provided to become a health and safety professional. As health and safety officer, you will join our safety team responsible for:
- Keeping our team up to date with safety provisions to keep everyone safe while at work
- Continue to develop effective health and safety policies and procedures and carry out risk assessments
- Maintaining and developing our internal systems and documentation
- Providing regular reports to the executive and board
- Keeping up to date with the latest H&S legislation, ensuring Brill Power exceeds its obligations from the Health and Safety Executive.
- Lead in house training for all staff members and prepare training materials
- Actively promote health and safety in the workplace.
Skills and Qualifications
- A process orientated person
- Good, clear, concise, communicator
- Understanding of electrical lab equipment
- Troubleshooting mindset, with attention to detail
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office
Nice to have
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering
- Safety qualifications
- Experience in laboratory management
- Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiar with 3D Printers and 3D Printing
Brill Power Benefits
In addition to a fun and friendly team and working environment, we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package, including income protection, life insurance, and medical cover
- Full time, permanent role, with flexible working hours
- In-office tea, coffee, & snacks
- Regular team social events
Get in touch
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you and you’re looking for somewhere to thrive, we want to hear from you.
Brill Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all, without regard to their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly indicating where your skills and experience match what we are looking for in this role.