Celtic Renewables is bio-technology company on a path to the global commercialisation of their patented technology that converts low value by-products, residues and wastes into high value green chemicals using an innovative adaptation of the century-old proven Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol (ABE) fermentation process.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage renewable chemicals business which has just built the UK’s first bio-refinery at Grangemouth. Celtic Renewables is a growing business with big ambitions to reduce carbon usage by building many more bio-refineries on a global basis.
The role of Analytical Laboratory Technician is a permanent role, based onsite at Caledon Green, Grangemouth.
As an Analytical Laboratory Technician, you will work closely with the laboratory and wider production team, to support all analysis within the manufacturing process at Caledon Green in Grangemouth, which in turn will help deliver the Company Vision “To be the World Leader in ABE Fermentation as a Global Sustainable Industry”.
- Analysis of all samples relating to our biological process/raw materials/bulk deliveries/CIP samples/water systems and finished product using the correct procedures in compliance with cGLP, cGMP, Health and safety, SOPs and environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Work with laboratory team members and process operators to maintain the continual operation of our process thus ensuring deadlines & KPIs are met.
- Interpretation and reporting of data & trends to key stakeholders
- Review of all documentation including SOPs, RAs & COSHH to ensure that compliance and safe working practices are followed.
- You will be responsible for collating and maintaining relevant data in the company format.
- You will have a good eye for detail and uphold a high standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure maintenance is carried out on all laboratory instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for chemical and consumable stock control within the laboratory
- Demonstrate behaviours which align with our company values
Skills & Experience:
- You will have a scientific background and be able demonstrate appropriate relevant experience in an analytical laboratory or within an industrial fermentation/distillation environment.
- Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including HPLC, GC & Karl Fischer Analysis.
- Relevant method development & troubleshooting experience.
- A good communicator and team worker with the ability to deliver high performance standards relating to GLP, GMP, Quality, H&S, Regulatory and Customer Service.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver on time results.
- Demonstrate high level of problem solving skills.
- Experience in microbiological techniques such as but not limited to - aseptic technique; aseptic sampling and agar plating would be desirable.
- Proficient and confident in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you:
You will be rewarded with a salary of ranging between £25,000 to £28,000 plus £1,500 backshift allowance
8 hour shifts Mon-Fri between the hours of 8am-10pm
33 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays) pro rata
To be part of something “world changing.”
This is a full-time, permanent role with 8 hour shifts on Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am and 10pm.