Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
The Data manager will be responsible for seeking out opportunities to create value from data, through data governance, using data for analysis and visualization to understand correlations and connections among business variables, and to see behavior over time of various business metrics The position will also work to ensure that appropriate processes, procedures and technologies are used to their full potential so 'digital' becomes ingrained into the finance business processes. The role requires a progressive, structured thinking and solution orientated person with strong understanding of data, data linkages and able to look beyond the numbers and understand the wider business context that results in effective business partnering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage data as a strategic asset and operationalize data governance, data quality and other controls to sustain the integrity of the data of d.light.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, structures, roles, and responsibilities that outline and enforce rules of engagement, decision rights, and the accountabilities for the effective management of information assets.
- Master data management.
- Manage data integrity and perform data auditing.
- Partners with the business to align business and data analytics strategies to maximize the value of data and analytics investments.
- Assesses finance technologies and design data and technical architectures to ensure fit for purpose and determine areas of enhancement.
- Implement seamless integrated reporting systems (e.g Finance, Quality Management, Customer Experience). This includes the review of the chart of accounts and transaction framework and implementation of reporting systems to provide and communicate quality management information.
- Ensure that system enhancements meet business data requirements.
- Act as a facilitator to the process of providing information to business units.
- Provide training on existing and new MIS tools.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team.
- 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years in a senior financial position.
- BSc, BEng or BCom / B Com Hons (Informatics) or similar degree.
- Data governance and mining experience.
- An appreciation and a good understanding of macroeconomics and external factors affecting the business strategies adopted, and market serviced by d.light.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data for acceptability and correctness.
- Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
- Experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentation skills.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.