Head of Human Resources - Nigeria
People & HR
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
The job holder will provide a strategic interface between HR and designated business units to embed a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective front-line delivery in the country.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Annual Manpower Plan – Working with the Managing Director and Associate Director, People the job holder will oversee the Country budget preparation for human resource functional areas, including new headcount requirements, training requirements, employee benefits, insurances and welfare.
Recruitment – Working closely with country functional heads, the job holder will support in attracting high caliber employees as aligned to the approved manpower plan.
Capability Building – Establishing employee training requirements (both in-house and external programs), including training needs assessment, new employee orientation/onboarding, management development and the measurement of training impact,
Performance Management – plan, manage and implement a performance management system for the country aligned to the d.light performance cycles,
Reward Management – Working with the Associate Director, People and Managing Director, the job holder will support in implementing the d.light salary structure for all job titles and a compensation/reward/ incentive system that is based on performance management and measurable results,
Employee Relations – The job holder will oversee the processes and content for performance improvement, discipline, grievances, absences, redundancy, etc., ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations,
Country Reporting – Working with the Group HR, the job holder will prepare and analyses reports necessary to the human resources function, including ad hoc reporting for the leadership,
Country Health & Safety Initiative – Working with the Managing Director the job holder will oversee the implementation of workplace safety and health programs, including tracking and posting OSHA-required data and filing reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university,
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management from a reputable organization,
- At least 8 years progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities and possess a strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative,
- Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with National and international Labor Law,
- Multitask oriented, organized, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in one’s work,
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality,
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits