Territory Sales Manager
The job holder will be responsible for managing all d.light sales activities within a defined geographical territory to achieve revenue, sales, and collections targets for PAYGO units and portables.
● Ensure proper visibility and availability of d.light products in the territory assigned
● Provide reports as required, and give feedback on market intelligence and competition.
● Ensure timely and proper execution of sales-related activities within the designated territory. i.e Market activations and launches
● Achievement of defined targets (sales in & out, merchandising, outlet growth, customer satisfaction, outlet stockholding, sales per outlet, journey planning).
● Ensure recruited outlets meet the defined criteria.
● Manage and co-ordinate Territory Sales Executive (TSEs) within the assigned locations.
● Journey planning for self and for Territory Sales Executive (TSEs) – ensuring that movement within designated geographies is planned for optimal time & cost efficiency.
● Manage business relationships with outlets in designated territory to ensure stock availability at all times and in the desired quantities.
● Ensure adequate stock of Point of Sale materials, and enforcement of in-store merchandising.
● Review and assess new customers on-boarded within their area of jurisdiction for quality of payments to ensure the portfolio health is within the defined threshold
● Evaluate and study high-risk accounts and analyze all customer payment patterns within your area of jurisdiction to drive compliance as per defined risk & Quality of Sales processes by take the necessary remedial actions to cause-correct customers behind their payment schedules.
● Train outlet owners/managers on d.light products, selling tools, Point of Sale materials and warranty handling.
● Provide learning and improvement feedback on the execution plan to the Regional Sales Manager.
● Co-ordinate Regional Outlet activities i.e. Make orders for them and ensure the Territory Sales Executives (TSEs) work to move the stock out for re-order.
● Analyze competitor activities in the region and assess opportunities for business development
● Ensure quality customers are on boarded and delinquency is maintained below 20%.
● Evaluate and study high-risk accounts and analyze all customer payment patterns within the area of jurisdiction to drive compliance as per defined risk and quality of Sales processes by taking the necessary remedial actions to cause-correct customers behind their payment schedules
● Follow up on outstanding payments from customers and ensure timely settlement.
● Ensure the stock / Inventory movement is done within the acceptable and laid down procedures and expectations.
● Ensure the assigned tools of trade are well maintained and used to perform company work. Also, refer to the fleet policy for the proper use of the assigned company car (if any)
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Desired Skills and Experience
● Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
● Relevant industry background in a related industry will be an added advantage.
● At least 3 years experience working in a rapid sales growth environment.
● Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets and building partnerships
● Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and people at all levels.
● Demonstrate problem-solving capability – the ability to create win-win situations while deriving desired numbers and outcomes.
● Willingness to spend an average of 5 days a week in the field.
● A valid Ugandan driving license.
● Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
● Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, excel, and Outlook.
● Passion for social enterprise, development of people, and environmental benefits