Thermal Systems Engineer
Ecozen is innovating at the intersection of clean-tech & the internet of things. We aspire to disrupt the way perishables are handled across the value chain and build an intelligent and completely automated after-sales service solution in the long run. Currently, we have two products- Ecofrost & Ecotron. Ecofrost is a portable solar-powered cold room based on thermal energy storage, which can maintain low temperatures without any backup power. We also offer a smart controller “Ecotron” for irrigation pumps which complements our offerings in the solar/agri-solutions space and are a major market shareholder. Both the products are strongly integrated with the internet and give us extensive data about their usage and performance. Using this data, we are building a perishables-friendly marketplace and powerful algorithms to improve product performance, serviceability, and reliability. Our primary USP is our innovative and fresh approach to real-life problems and solving them with the philosophy of lean solutions. Our team consists of extremely motivated and energetic individuals who walk hand-in-hand with the company's principles and vision.
We are headquartered at Pune and also have major operations at Raipur. We are also spread across other locations such as Hyderabad, Chandigarh & Delhi. We are seeking Mechanical Engineers who can design our next-generation products as well as refine and evolve existing product lines. She/he should help in detail designing of products mechanical features. She/he should have good knowledge of manufacturing
especially in Sheet metal manufacturing, Machining, plastic manufacturing such as injection molding, Blow molding, vacuum casting, vacuum forming, roto molding etc.
- Select the appropriate analytical methods.
- Develop the numerical modeling workflows.
- Analyze heat transfer and energy conversion components and systems including, but not limited to, heat exchanger design; commercial refrigeration systems; pumps, and applications.
- Support hardware teams with thermal loads for their existing designs.
- Identify key aspects of new products for training and documentation.
- Understand business needs and processes; help identify solutions.
- Participate in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary.
- Develop and utilize in-house, commercial, and custom-developed software to provide customer solutions.
- Leverage existing software and hardware to their fullest capabilities.
- Contribute to product development, component selection, troubleshooting, and providing solutions.
- First-principles understanding of heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics with relevant project/research experience
- Experience in developing numerical models + experimental characterization of thermal/fluid/refrigerant systems and heat exchangers
- B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with a good understanding of thermodynamic cycles and system modeling & simulation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 0-2 yr. experience in the electro-mechanical systems engineering
- Familiarity with modeling tools such as CoolPack, Python, and MATLAB
- Expertise in MATLAB Simulink
- Experience in the refrigeration sector is a plus