Human Resources Officer
Goterra is a Canberra based Ag-Tech startup focused on designing and building sustainable solutions to the critical global challenges of food waste and climate change. At our headquarters in Hume, ACT, we design and build modular robotic infrastructure that uses insects to manage food waste. With support from high-profile impact investors, we are scaling our business to deliver innovative waste systems to markets around the world and we're looking for a Human Resources (HR) Officer to join our team.
As Goterra's Human Resources Officer you will play a critical role in driving our growth by ensuring we attract and retain talent, and will be responsible for managing our recruitment processes, onboarding and orientation of new employees, facilitating employee relations and engagement, ensuring compliance with HR laws and regulations, assisting with payroll administration, and assisting in implementing HR policies and procedures to support the organisation's objectives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for people and a strong understanding of HR policies and procedures. If you are passionate about people and HR, have a track record of success in a fast-paced environment, and are excited about the opportunity to join a growing start-up, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role!
- Proven HR experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience using HRIS, ATS, and Payroll platforms e.g. Employment Hero, Workable, and Xero
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HR processes, policies, procedures, and legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively
- Proficiency and experience in using Cloud based digital platforms e.g. Slack, Asana, Confluence, Google Workspace
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Flexible working hours and part-time and/or job-share arrangements will be considered for the right candidate. Please note that you must be willing to travel between Goterra sites on occasion as required.
- To be eligible for this position you must have the appropriate rights to work in this location/Australia, and be able to pass a successful Proof Of Identity and Right To Work In Location/Australia 100 Point Identification Check
Feel that this is the perfect opportunity for you but the job description isn’t an exact match for your skills? Please apply anyway - we'd love to hear from you!
Benefits of working at Goterra:
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- You'll be paid above award rates, with generous conditions including paid employer parental leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community, the opportunity to take part on our ESOP scheme, and great learning and development opportunities
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly from women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Something looks off?