National Production Manager - Insects
Welcome to the future of agriculture.
The Regional Production Manager is a senior member of a multidisciplinary team that draws expertise from software, hardware and biology to build robotic and biotech waste management solutions. The Regional Production Manager owns the evolution and growth of the Production function at Goterra ensuring a robust and viable insect supply chain for our continued expansion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ongoing development of Goterra’s insect farming process’ and systems for commercial farming of Black Soldier Fly across several geographical locations
- Driving biological research and innovation in insect production to meet commercial objectives with our existing external partners to establish the company wide targets
- Management and development of processes and systems to improve processing of various waste streams using insects and the generation of commodity products (frass and insect protein).
- Managing Quality Management Systems with min certification of Australian Feedstock Association and products meeting the min requirements of the relevant Resource Recovery Order within NSW
- Ensure processes and procedures improvements are aligned to the Annual Targets and thus follow Goterra OKR’s to increase efficiency and productivity of commercial insect farming programmes
- Leading through managing effective staff planning processes to ensure Goterra’s production and process teams maintain and drive a culture of safety and efficiency
- Responsible to ensure the key reporting functions that result in defined measurable objectives and metrics are maintained through all levels of responsibility.
- Responsible for the planning and managing insect production and process activities to meet targets and customer commitments with regard to output, quality, cost, time and staffing.
- Standardise reporting on major and simple campaigns, identifying risks (and mitigations) and opportunities (and exploitation strategies).
- Meet min of 90% of the designed equipment capacity within 6 months
- Demonstrating Goterra values and tenets.
- Achieve and maintain safety and biosecurity standards across all installations
- 3 + years’ previous management experience in commercial insect production
- Proven success leading a team in a commercial insect facility in a Production Management role
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff to consistently meet and exceed expectations
- Experience working in a Production Management position with Black Soldier Flies and/or Mealworms in a commercial environment
- A strategic mindset and a passion for driving sustainability in the insect farming industry
- Demonstrated proven success driving operational excellence through continuous improvement
- Strong skills in communicating complex issues with a diverse range of stakeholders
- The capability to multitask effectively under pressure
- A team player attitude, sharing information and assisting others to achieve common objectives
ACADEMIC OR TRADE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- A relevant Bachelor degree in Biology, Agriculture or similar field
Benefits of working at Goterra:
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- We offer a competitive salary, with generous conditions including paid employer parental leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community, the opportunity to take part on our ESOP scheme, and great learning and development opportunities.
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly from women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds