PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The role of the Mechanical Fitter is to work alongside other qualified tradespeople and technicians to manufacture, maintain and service robotic machinery, plant and equipment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture, maintain and service robotic machinery, plant and equipment
- Aptitude and capability for practical mechanical problem solving, and a commitment to learning and developing these skills.
- The ability and/or aptitude to read and interpret engineering drawings,
- Troubleshooting, servicing and maintenance of hydraulics, pumps and other robotic systems.
- practical mechanical problem solving and fault finding
- welding (Stick, MIG)
- pneumatics, hydraulics and/or pump systems
- general fabrication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- a learning mindset and positive attitude
- a flexible and adaptable nature
- a high level of initiative and are a strong team player
- good attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Perform scheduled maintenance and service of installation assets and equipment
- Diagnostics and repair in a breakdown environment of pumps, automation control and related assets and equipment
- Project work as required on the installation and related assets and equipment
- Support subcontracted work packages as required
- Support various sites in the Canberra region, with occasional requirement to travel to various sites throughout NSW and ACT
ACADEMIC OR TRADE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
An Australian recognised trade certification as an Engineering Tradesperson (Mechanical Fitter), or similar trade qualifications.
Benefits of working at Goterra:
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- We offer a competitive salary, with generous conditions including paid employer parental leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community, the opportunity to take part on our ESOP scheme, and great learning and development opportunities.
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly from women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds