If you’re an exceptional Engineer looking for the next role to make your mark on, then this just might be your dream job. This is a chance to work at the cutting edge of sustainable food production, helping our Projects team to design, procure and contract the plant equipment necessary to deliver our farms.
We couldn’t be more excited about driving the evolution of the great British farming tradition, and in this role, you’ll be instrumental in bringing the infrastructure of that evolution to life, integrating designs and learnings from our existing facilities into new projects. As you develop in this role, you will be responsible for working with the Engineering, Operations & R&D teams to develop projects from concept to delivery in support of our expanding Pepperness indoor growing facility at Sandwich, Kent. If you’re a dynamic general team player with a willingness to learn and explore other areas of the business, this will be a role you can embrace and get out as much as you put in.
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Director and will work closely with them on a daily basis.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the equipment, systems, and components used in our farms
- Develop options for how to implement the design requirements set by the wider team
- Develop specifications in consultation with the Operations and Engineering teams
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Present different cost options for different project scenarios
- Work with the Projects team to contract and deliver the projects
- Take ownership of programme and budget and report on progress in detail, producing project plans and timelines
- Monitor and document project progress and other performance indicators
- Track and document changes and variations post contract
- Prepare written project communication materials for wider circulation
- Prepare formal project progress and other reports such as H&S and board packs
- Attend and lead meetings with 3rd party contractors
- Prepare cost options for different project scenarios
- Assist the wider Design team
- Review valuations and approving payments
- Oversight of commissioning and site acceptance tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with 2+ years of experience
- A background in HVAC or automation is a plus
- Must be able to apply sound engineering judgment and professional rigor in the performance of all analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment, to take direction and function as a team member to solve a variety of engineering problems
- Ability to execute tasks independently
- PC skills including MS Office, familiarity with Autocad / Revit is a plus
- You bring good judgement and integrity to every project you work on – you can determine the right course of action with some degree of decision-making latitude
- You communicate confidently to internal and external stakeholders and you’re in your element presenting to external project teams on a one to many basis
- You’re passionate about setting challenging personal goals and doing everything to the best of your ability
- You’re enthusiastic, self-motivated and determined to succeed
- You’re open to and curious about ideas and thinking from both inside and outside the organisation
- You want to learn from people with different backgrounds and approaches and appreciate how this helps you develop and creates business value
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a great business – you will be onboard one of the fastest growing and most exciting businesses in the vertical farming industry
- Recognised as one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023.
- Be part of a great team – you will work with and learn from a friendly, smart, growing, and passionate team who care about each other and the business
- Grow yourself – a chance to develop yourself and make the role your own as the business and team builds, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level
- Share our passion for driving change for good – sustainable production is at the heart of what we do and our B Corp status
- Annual bonus based on company, team and personal performance.
- Employee incentivisation scheme.
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee benefits programme with Bravo Benefits
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
Something looks off?