Investor Relations Senior Analyst
If you’re a plant-loving people-person with a love for numbers, a knack for building great relationships and strong analytical capabilities, then we want to meet you. But first, a bit about us…
We’re a full-scale, energy-saving, B-Corp certified, sustainably powered vertical farm. We’re on a mission to transform the farming system forever, so that everyone can afford tasty nutritious food, that doesn’t cost the earth. Literally.
In other words: we boldly grow where no one has grown before. Our state-of-the-art salad leaves are made possible by an incredible team of rocket scientists (see what we did there?), engineers, leaf whisperers, and a root network of fabulous people. Which brings us onto you…
This role is based in Edinburgh (mixture of home and office working) and there will be some travel to our bases in London, Kent and Cambridge as required.
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Collaborate with senior management and finance teams to develop and execute equity fundraising strategies.
- Conduct market research, industry analysis, and benchmarking to identify potential investors and opportunities.
- Prepare comprehensive investor presentations, pitch decks, and financial models to effectively communicate our value proposition.
- Assist in negotiating and structuring equity investment deals, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Investor Management & Reporting
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, presentations, and recommendations for senior management and key stakeholders, including equity investors and debt providers.
- Be key point of contact for equity and credit counterparties, providing regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Manage day-to-day contact with key stakeholders, including oversight of reporting schedule and relevant data rooms.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to support strategic decision-making, including projections, valuations, and scenario analyses – both from an equity and debt perspective.
- Analyse financial statements, historical data, and industry trends to identify key drivers and provide insights for financial modelling.
- Conduct sensitivity analysis and stress testing to evaluate the impact of various scenarios on business performance.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and executive leadership, to gather necessary data and insights for financial modelling and analysis.
- Present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Act as a trusted advisor to management by providing accurate and timely financial analysis, forecasts, and recommendations.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging trends, and regulatory changes related to equity fundraising and financial modelling.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. Master's degree or CFA qualification is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Financial Analyst, preferably with a focus on equity fundraising and financial modelling, including exposure to debt modelling and sensitivity analysis.
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, valuation techniques, and financial modelling best practices.
- Proficient in using financial modelling tools and software (e.g., Excel, VBA, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather, interpret, and summarize complex financial data.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of equity fundraising processes, capital markets, and investor relations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey financial concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a great business – you will be on board one of the fastest growing and most exciting businesses in the vertical farming industry.
- Be part of a great team – you will work with and learn from a friendly, smart, growing, and passionate team who care about each other and the business.
- Grow yourself – a chance to develop yourself in an innovative role, making the role your own as the business and team builds, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
- Share our passion for driving change for good!
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus based on company, team and personal performance
- Employee incentivisation scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Pension (5% employer contribution)
- Tiered employee benefits programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Home office equipment allowance and Edinburgh WeWork membership provided
Our team is the most valuable part of our business – our success is defined by the hard-working, brilliant and enthusiastic people we employ. Our recruitment process and employment decisions are based on our business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability status. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage all suitable applicants to apply for open positions.