IT Business Analyst
If you’re an approachable people-person with a passion for IT, a knack for building great relationships and strong analytical capabilities, then we want to meet you. But first, a bit about us…
We’re a full-scale, energy-saving, B-Corp certified, sustainably powered vertical farm. We’re on a mission to transform the farming system forever, so that everyone can afford tasty nutritious food, that doesn’t cost the earth. Literally.
In other words: we boldly grow where no one has grown before. Our state-of-the-art salad leaves are made possible by an incredible team of rocket scientists (see what we did there?), engineers, leaf whisperers, and a root network of fabulous people. Which brings us onto you…
As the IT Business Analyst, you'll be reporting into the IT Manager, and be part of the team ensuring that the IT used by the business, including connectivity, end-user computing and business applications, in particular, an ERP and an automation oversight (SCADA) system, are meeting the company needs at all times.
The role will involve requirements gathering with stakeholders from across the business, creating functional specifications, process mapping, coordination of user testing and analysis. You will also work with stakeholders from across the business to map out ‘as is’ processes and identify opportunity for enhancements where required. This will require working with both technical and nontechnical managers and the facilitation of workshops for identifying priorities, gaps and return on investment.
We’re looking for experienced Business Analysts with a mixture of experience in initiatives across food and SME organisations. You should be confident communicating with both technical and nontechnical managers, and working with them to define, measure and track outcomes for a range of projects and initiatives.
As an expert in best practice, you should have demonstrable experience in working at each stage of project lifecycles, from inception through to closure. You should also be confident in modelling and notation.
This role is based in Sandwich, Kent, at our Pepperness production site which operates 24/7. We are seeking candidates who are happy to work standard Monday – Friday, but who are also open to being on call on occasional weekends. You would then receive this time back in lieu to take off the following week.
- Deputising for the IT Manager when needed.
- Acting as an information source and communicator between business branches.
- Working with providers to align their services to the changing needs of the business.
- Translating high level business requirements into detailed project documentation that can be used by developers, product owners, and end users.
- Understanding business requirements and priorities, create and refine user documents. Translating complex cases into well-defined technical and functional specifications. Including EDI’s.
- Building process models, ‘as-is’ and then building the ‘to-be’ after detailed discussions with stakeholders.
In respect of the ERP and SCADA systems :
- Work with the business to understand changing requirements and identify new needs.
- Maintain a log of all requested changes to functionality and their status.
- Build strong relationships with the senior teams at the providers to ensure that Grow Up Farms remains a best in category site.
- When necessary, bring the two providers together to ensure that the products continue to work together smoothly, particularly surviving upgrades by either party.
- Contribute to management discussions about the facility and plan for the business's future IT and application needs.