Information Technology System Administrator
Husk Power Systems
When people have power incredible things happen. Placing ‘power’ in the hands of rural customers helps them realize their aspirations and dreams that they never thought could happen. Making this possible in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
Husk is one of the world’s leading rural utilities. We provide reliable power to households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at a price they can afford.
We design, build, own and operate the lowest cost hybrid power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. We offer our customers a flexible ‘pay- as-you-go’ energy service, using a mobile-enabled smart metering system.
To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 12,000 homes and businesses in rural India, Nigeria and Tanzania, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Husk is poised to grow rapidly over the next four years and envisions adding over 1000 mini-grids in India and Nigeria deploying 50 MW of 100 percent renewable power plant assets that would eliminate 500,000 tons of CO2 per year (equivalent to eliminating 56 million liters of diesel per year). These mini-grids will serve over 100,000 customers.
● Are you a determined and go-getter with a passion for technology?
● Do you excel in jobs without artificial constraints or micromanagement?
Husk is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator responsible for providing support to critical internal IT infrastructure and applications. Candidates must have a strong server, network, communication, and analytical skills. Candidates will be expected to recommend, promote and leverage IT standards to minimize complexity, adhere with compliance and maximize security.
● Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows/Linux desktops, Laptop and VMs, and keep it up to date with the latest OS patches, firmware and drivers
● Configuration and maintenance of office and production software, utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites
● Configures security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals
● Provides technical support to users by troubleshooting problems related to network or system performance
● Monitor overall health of the global cloud infrastructure, install required services and maintain optimum sizing
● Use script language and tools to automate operational activities, tasks, the system builds, and changes in the environment (PowerShell, Shell scripts, Python Etc.)
● Continuously improvement of the operations through monitoring, system performance metrics
● Creating all the necessary documentation for any changes in the environment or new technologies being introduced in the environment
● Evaluate user needs and system functionality, ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs
● Responsible for scheduled upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems
● Secure data from internal and external attack
● Contribute to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning
● Creating long-term schedules to determine when to update company computer systems and cybersecurity measures.
Experience and Skill
● 3-5 years of experience in VMware, Linux, and Windows Administration in an enterprise environment
● Installation, configuration, and administration of the major Linux, and Windows systems
● Working knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers, and Storage
● Strong ability to self-learn new technologies
● Strong analytic, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
● Experience in Azure cloud services will be an advantage