Manager- Design and Engineering
Husk Power Systems
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Company DescriptionHusk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025 and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year. Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities-
- Co-coordinating with a larger engineering team both locally and globally.
- Overseeing all growth and strategic objectives for a standard design framework.
- Manage the activities associated with the development of engineering plans to be used by contractors for solar PV system installation and commissioning.
- Establish quality assurance (QA) processes to support both internal design reviews as well as external contractor development and review.
- Develop departmental resource plans to support and work with human resources to identify viable candidates to fill open positions.
- Coordinate with the procurement to allocate module/inverter technology to forecasted projects and provide bill of materials to facilitate the ordering of long lead time components.
- Oversee maintenance of project design data in a centralized project database. The data supports both project scheduling and material procurement.
- Improve processes and continue efforts towards achieving standardization while maintaining necessary specification; utilize lessons learned to improve delivery of projects.
- Responsible for site analysis, feasibility study and power evacuation system analysis of utility scale solar projects & rooftop projects.
- Carry out design verification & analysis for the offers made. Coordinate with design partners for all design inputs & deliverables.
- Responsible for handling any technical breakdowns related to engineering or design issues.
- Candidates shall be required to ensure compliance of IEC, BIS and IS standards for solar system and conduct site and factory acceptance testing.
- Coordinate with internal functions like business development, projects, and procurement etc. for all technical specifications & queries, BOQ, drawings, etc.
- Implement continual improvement and optimization in existing designs & introduce innovative, cost effective new designs.
- Coordinate internal resources and third party/vendors for the flawless execution and integration of new initiatives/POC projects.
- Ensure resource availability, allocation and develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Identifying solutions for energy efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years in managing design, experience with power plant or solar PV design is highly desirable. must be comfortable managing a team and at least 3 more years as handson design experience.
- Proven experience in using state of the art design & engineering best practices.
- Strong experience in PVSyst. simulation software, working knowledge of energy modeling.
- Strong AutoCAD skills and knowledge, able to produce drawings for projects.
- Experience establishing design standards, component specifications and document revision control system to ensure quality and standardization.
- Strong attention to detail with high-level vision to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of solar inverters, solar system, power generation and electrical machines.
- Good knowledge of electricity generation, distribution, energy meters, tariff meters.
- Familiarity with basic logic and control.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Highly resourceful and ability to be mostly hands on with issue resolution.