Senior Software Engineer
Husk Power Systems
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Company DescriptionHusk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025 and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year. Job DescriptionPosition Objective
- Are you a determined and go getter with a passion for technology?
- Do you want to develop a career in IoT, data science and technology stack serving rural communities?
- Do you excel in jobs without artificial constraints or micromanagement?
- You will work closely with senior management to design and develop a variety of features, components and infrastructure to monitor and manage Husk mini grids.
- You will implement state of art data collection and AI/ML driven data mining infrastructure.
- You will write high quality design documents and production code for a complicated feature set or function area.
- You will work on reviewing the existing code base and optimize/refactor the same to achieve simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance.
- You will work on various design documents, test plans and review team members’ design and code.
- You will mentor junior level engineers and provide technical guidance, and engage in design and code review for other team members
- You will be involved in rapid prototyping with focus on achieving innovative approaches to problem solving.
- You will be the force that drives climate change at scale for 50% of the world population.
- Uses his or her expertise to contribute to innovative feature area designs and system architecture.
- Demonstrates strategic understanding of the rationale for design choices, within the scope of work.
- Defines the engineering lifecycle for the team and lead lifecycle improvements over successive releases.
- Lead design and code review across the feature area, understand the root causes of issues, and find ways to resolve them.
- Validate time estimates of others on the team.
- Optimize processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Utilize analytics throughout function to accomplish strategic goals
- Use data based decision-making for strategy development and adjustments as necessary.
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competences in operating systems, networks, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proficiency in C#, Experience using .Net (Core 5 and above).
- Knowledge of Entity framework, ADO.Net.
- Experience in developing ASP.NET MVC , Microservice based architecture, Dependency injection.
- Experience on Azure services like, Azure Storage, Event hub, Azure SQL.
- Knowledge of RDBMS (SQL, MySQL or other RDBMS), Stored procedures.
- Good knowledge on handling high frequency payloads.
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills.
- Good knowledge on git, jira, confluence and Agile process.
- 3+ years of progressive software development experience.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without micromanagement.