Senior Engineer - Integration
Hydrogen Vehicle Systems
As a Senior Vehicle Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to
drive the technical development of hydrogen-electric vehicles. You will work
alongside the Vehicle Integration team to ensure the vehicle package, attributes
and 3D geometry are brought together to meet design requirements.
• Driving technical development in a specific zone or area of the vehicle
• Working alongside the wider Vehicle Integration team to lead on vehicle definition
• Leading on the resolution of cross-functional technical issues, providing innovative solutions to problems
• Leading on package definition and vehicle integration to ensure the perfect balance of technical requirements, customer expectations and design aesthetics.
• Leading studies on cross-functional package and design
• Ensuring vehicle design is compatible for manufacturing, service and sustainability
• Creating and documenting vehicle and design guidelines
• Leading meetings on package and vehicle integration
• Driving technical development within your area of expertise.
• Degree in design or engineering, or recognised engineering qualifications combined with significant relevant experience
• 5 years’ or more of experience in a similar or relevant role
• Experience in whole vehicle set-up, including mechanical and top hat package layouts and concepts
• Expertise in package legal requirements and standards
• Expert with occupant set-up, vision and ergonomics assessments
• Expertise in Catia V5 including surface development and part design
• Working knowledge of 3DX would be an advantage
• A good understanding of material and process selection, and their design constraints
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills