Direct Supervisor: Controller
Directly Supervises: 1 to 2
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting in a small but growing company. This role will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial records including those required for reporting (external and various internal management and control reports).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all financial accounting roles, including accounts payable and receivables, bank reconciliations, quarter-end and fiscal year-end financial reporting.
- Manage budget and management accounting processes and financial analysis reports.
- Manage the preparation of relevant schedules for audits
- Assist with the preparation and reporting of annual business tax filings.
- Manage the tax accounting role.
- Responsible for job cost allocation per project and/or government grant.
- Participate in the development of accounting system enhancements and is responsible for modifying and maintaining financial system reporting, account structure, and mapping.
- Responsible for verification, allocation, and posting of details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in SAP.
- Key accounting resource on cross-functional teams working on process improvements and strategic planning.
- Assist in developing the Company's finance and accounting policies and internal controls.
- Support the Controller in business management and administrative roles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- Five years of experience working in the accounting field.
- Extensive knowledge of government tax laws and requirements, accounting rules and regulations, and government grants management.
- Proficient skill in using SAP accounting and payroll software.
- Proficient use of Google Workspace
- MS Word and Excel software programs.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and grant compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with facilitating business operations.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must display good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and proofreading skills.
- Basic knowledge of human resources law and best practices.