Full Stack Developer
Who We Are:
KETOS is ushering in a new era of understanding around one of the most fundamental, critical elements of life: water. Our goal is simple: to improve water quality, safety and conservation – and enhance healthcare on a global scale. We do this by providing the tools and insights needed to optimize water usage, ensure resource efficiency and provide water safety assurance – and by making these tools accurate, affordable and accessible.
Our blend of innovative patented hardware with an intelligent interactive software fabric provides predictive and actionable insights through data analytics. These make up the core elements of the KETOS platform – and lead to the smart water data needed for smart irrigation, industries and cities.
At KETOS, we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We’re seeking a full-stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately, delivering amazing global user experiences.
Objectives of this Role
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
Engage with inspiring designers and front end engineers, and collaborate with leading back end engineers as we create reliable APIs
Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters’ degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
- Professional certifications
Something looks off?