Finance and Data
As a Finance and Data Intern at Lidya, you will play a crucial role in supporting our finance and data analysis
teams. This internship is ideal for individuals who are enthusiastic about finance, data, and are eager to learn
how to apply their analytical skills in a business context. Your work will involve a variety of tasks and
responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As an intern, you will be required to support and learn the following:
a) Financial Reporting and Operations:
• Researching, monitoring, and analyzing financial data to be a fundamental contributor to the fiscal health
and success of Lidya, including but not limited summarizing data to structured reports on Lidya’s and
client’s financial status and risks
• Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operating reports to present to senior management and
provision of recommendations for improvements based on trends
• Supporting external bookkeeping partners in the preparation of annual financial information to be
provided to the external auditors
• Quarterly balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses
• Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
• prepare budget reports aimed at helping organizations monitor spending, rationalize costs, and balance
• Oversee expense management via accounting tools and Monthly expense variance analysis
• Ensure compliance of internal controls and suggest process improvements as needed
• Overseeing processing of payables including vendor payments
• Complete national and local (state) tax returns (incl. PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT etc.) and work with local tax
advisors as needed for all our jurisdictions
• Work with external auditors to perform the annual audits for all our jurisdictions
• Liaise with partners (banks and processors) to ensure optimal cost structures and verify daily settlements
b) Loan Portfolio Growth.
• Assist with daily finance operations including ensuring on-time disbursement of approved Loans, bank &
Loan book reconciliations
• Ensuring accurate and on-time recollection of loan repayments from clients, including reconciliation of
payments to the bank accounts
• Supporting the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including, verification
of documentation presented for all loan applications and ensuring they meet KYC, credit score
requirements, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the Lidya and by the
regulators. Managing the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Preparing, monitoring, and analyzing financial data that will be useful in providing insights into team’s
performance (investment & collections teams) and providing recommendations for improvement
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
1. Recently completed a Bachelor's degree program in Finance & Banking, Economics, Accounting and Data
2. Must have graduated with a 2nd class lower or HND lower credit and above in the above stated disciplines.
3. Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a goal-oriented
environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Basic knowledge of financial concepts.
6. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data analysis tools.
7. Detail-oriented and organized.
8. Eagerness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
✔ Practical experience in finance and data analysis operations.
✔ Become part of a highly professional dynamic team and exposure to a dynamic and fast-paced work
✔ An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next
generation of leaders for country-changing ventures.