Hardware Design Engineer
Log 9 Materials
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Design
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and build hardware for test & validation platforms (ICT/FCT) for battery management systems
- Start to finish ownership of hardware from specification to design, prototype, reliability validation and implementation
- Collaborate with BMS HW/FW engineering team to successfully to design, validate and deploy testing tools
- Develop & implement benchmark & test protocols according to industry standards
- Develop and test electronic circuits, digital logic, microcomputer, and analog circuits
- Ensure products satisfy UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, EU, and EN requirements
- Handle power electronics, components, circuits and modules
- Evaluate and debug circuit design
- Build test equipment to qualify electronic modules for production
- Ensure prototype of electronic circuits
- Prepare product or system layout and detail drawings and schematics
- Check engineering test results for application to system developments
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time-constrained environment
- Familiarity with battery energy storage systems
- Experience in smart energy grids
- Model and simulate control algorithms for grid-tie energy storage converters
- Experienced in using Matlab, Python, BMS, Analog And Digital Circuits, Digital Signal Processing, Schematics, Embedded Systems, Embedded C, Altium, Embedded Linux and PCB
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university focused on electrical engineering,
- electronics engineering, or related technical field and 2+ years of related experience OR
- Masters degree with 2+ years experience required
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing battery systems, BMS, or cells required. Strong technical experience and passion for battery chemistry technology required
- Experience applying lithium battery technology to battery modules and packs for full-vehicle high voltage systems required.
- Experience and understanding of automotive high voltage DC power systems, including DC/DC converters, battery chargers, electric motors, power distribution, or grounding required.
- Knowledge of vehicle-level battery systems, including temperature sensing, current sensing, power switching, fusing, electromagnetic interference (EMI), & electrical connectivity required.
See more open positions at Log 9 Materials
Something looks off?