- Own and manage the Company’s financial budgeting model (inputs and outputs). This will include partnering with department owners to gather budget requests, aggregate and validate budgeting data, drive operational analysis and budget versus actual reviews.
- Participate in and help to drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning.
- Support the Company’s financial reporting and analytical data requests; help develop key scorecards that provide senior management with insights into the health of the business and enable the company to meet its monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives.
- Prepare financial reports such as board slides and budget vs actual analysis and support development of annual business plans.
- Design and oversee a capex process to ensure appropriate prioritization of resources and subsequent tracking of such investments.
- Work closely with the People function to ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation of headcount and hiring.
- Support maintenance and updates to the company’s financial models.
- Oversee FP&A systems execution and updates and leverage technology to provide more robust analysis, self-service reporting, and to automate manual tasks.
- Additional ad hoc projects, financial modeling, and analysis as needed.
- Manage an FP&A analyst (to be hired) and provide coaching and development (as well as production of reports and analysis).
- 15+ years of related FP&A or Finance experience (experience in high growth companies in the food, biotech, consumer or manufacturing preferred).
- BS/BA in Finance, Engineering, or Accounting, MBA preferred.
- Strong Excel/Google numbers skills required, as is Powerpoint or Google slides proficiency
- System savvy and have experience working with forecasting and reporting systems, and comfortable with aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and create financial models.
- Excellent communication skills with strong problem solving, analytical, and systems skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work collaboratively with a team and also work independently and prioritize competing initiatives.
- This role will partner with every function in the company! It’s a rare opportunity to learn about all parts of the business and industry.
- On a day-to-day basis the FP&A Director will work closely with the interim CFO and the COO, as well as leadership across the company to ensure that the budgeting and forecasting process is robust and reliable. This role will help with month-end financial reporting as well as provide valuable insights on monthly variances to budgets.
- Take full ownership of the Company financial models
- Take full ownership of monthly meetings with department heads and BVA analysis
- Streamline budgeting process to reduce burden on department heads and budget administrators
- Ensure accuracy of tracking and improved processes to enable better runway management and cash preservation
*Pay may vary depending on factors including job-related knowledge and skills.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.