Strategic Supply Chain Manager (Lisbon/Hamburg)
Posted on Sunday, September 3, 2023
Are you excited to use your engineering experience to strategically set up MicroHarvest with supply from raw materials to full contract manufacturing sites and everything in between? Do you have an engineering background but are you curious to support the company commercially as well on topics like the marketing intelligence and contract negotiations? Then join us in bringing the next generation bioprocessing to commercialization. Be at the forefront of modern-day industrial biotechnology and work in an energetic, highly ambitious, and international startup environment. Let’s change the world together! MicroHarvest is a fast-growing startup in Hamburg that is going to provide better, healthier, and tastier protein produced sustainably using the power of microorganisms. With that, MicroHarvest contributes a sustainable solution to the global challenge of feeding the world. Enjoy the extraordinary mix of a young, dynamic working environment and the professionalism of the team with decades of experience in biotechnology, business, and product development. Tasks
- Build the foundation and execute the end-to-end supply chain, including sourcing, procurement, production planning, inventory management, and logistics
- Geographical mapping of availability of potential substrates, and following their trends also given global economics.
- Support the company's growth by managing partnerships and expansion options
- Develop and maintain relationships, negotiate contracts and manage performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the company to align with business goals optimizing efficiency, and minimizing costs, while assuring quality and delivery performance.
- You have an academic degree in Engineering, Management, Supply Chain, or related fields
- You have 3+ years of work experience in a similar role, with a clear track record in managing supply chain and financial reporting
- You love bringing structure and efficiency to a dynamic and ambiguous startup environment
- You have a hands-on personality, team-play-spirit and efficient self-time management
- You are passionate about sustainability and eager of being part of a fast-growing startup
- Fluent in English, German and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Experience in the Agri sector is a plus.