Data intelligence Manager
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Description Of The CompanyOpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to all. Our goal is to become the leading apprenticeship and reskilling provider, all over the world.We are already the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, expanding in the US and Asia.Every month, we offer fully-accredited online diplomas to 12,000 students and free courses to more than 300K studentsWe are very proud to be a B Corp company (combining a for-profit activity with general social impact), we’re recognized as one of the best workplaces in France by Great Place to Work. We’ve received multiple other awards (Next 40/120, Entrepreneur of The Year by EY, etc.), but what really matters to us is that in 2021, more than 14,000 individuals attributed a positive move in their careers to OpenClassrooms.We raised a total of 150 million dollars since inception with world-class investors like General Atlantic, Salesforce Ventures, GSV, or Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth. Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof ResponsibilitiesThe mission of the Data team is to unlock the value of data and empower decision-makers by providing the right tools, expertise in addition to data-driven insights and recommendations.The overall responsibilities of the Data team include:
- Build and maintain data pipelines: identify relevant data sources, collect data from internal and external systems, and ensure data quality and integrity
- Model and analyze Data: the team explores, analyzes, and interprets data
- Build reporting & visualization: the team develops dashboards and reports
- Promote and infuse data culture across all departments.
- Provide guidance and support to team members in executing data projects and developing their analytical skills.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making and continuous learning within the team.
- Oversee the analysis of complex data sets using advanced analytics techniques to derive valuable insights and trends.
- Interpret data findings and present actionable recommendations to key stakeholders, including executives and department heads.
- Ensure data visualizations and reports are clear, concise, and effectively communicate key insights.
- Collaborate with department heads and business leaders to understand data needs and align data initiatives with business objectives.
- Collaborate with the different teams to design and maintain a robust business intelligence platform, enabling self-service analytics for business users.
- Develop and deliver regular performance reports and dashboards to monitor KPIs and track business performance.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving concrete results
- Proven experience in data analysis, business intelligence, or data management roles.
- Strong knowledge of data management principles, data modeling, and data architecture
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and analytical data warehouses (snowflake, Dbt)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) and programming languages (e.g Python).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence applications is a plus.
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
- Possibility to access professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- The journey will start with a phone interview with a member of the talent team (20 minutes)
- Then a face-to-face (virtual) meeting with the Hiring Manager (1 hour)
- The,n you will meet other teams members within the department
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references,s including contact details