Please apply only if you speak English. The resume must be uploaded in English. Keep in mind that the role requires having video meetings in English. Also, we've included two brief prompts at the bottom of this posting — please fill these out to be considered for this role OR link/attach to your work, or a portfolio of your work.
- Zilper’s mission is to save money, property, and lives by moving utilities underground. The company is developing technology to efficiently and safely bore through any geology. Zilper’s innovative technology is faster and more efficient than conventional tunneling methods, making small-diameter infrastructure economically viable.
About the Job
- The Product Marketing Manager will be in charge of generating all of our customer-facing sales collateral, providing the sales team with the collateral they can pitch and share with potential customers. You'll be responsible for market and competitive research, product positioning, go-to-market and sales enablement strategies/content to drive revenue.
- Because you will be working directly with our US team, working on marketing efforts globally and within North America, you must be fluent in English (at or equivalent to a C1 or C2 level). Only resumes in English will be considered for this position.
- Lead the development of high-quality marketing materials (e.g., pitch decks, spec sheets, videos, brochures, etc.) that will equip the sales team to effectively plan, pitch, implement, and evaluate customer solutions.
- Lead market and competitive research, SWOT analysis and present your findings and suggestions for our go-to-market strategy.
- Support early-stage deal conversations aligning across teams to provide customers with necessary technical insights and content, as needed
- Create and curate assets, collateral, and tools to enable our sales team to be most effective in their conversations with customers.
- Craft compelling stories to translate technical terminology into simple, easy-to-comprehend terms and narratives for customers.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- 2+ years in sales enablement, consulting, strategy, marketing or technical writing in any of the following fields: geology, mining, utility work, construction, or infrastructure.
- Experience working across global cross-functional teams and building relationships internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience creating high-quality business narratives (i.e. presentation decks).
- Ability to take initiative with experience managing multiple projects and collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Outstanding business acumen, with the ability to translate customer needs into practical, scalable solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal Profile & Skills
- Knowledge of lead generation tactics and models (e.g., direct and indirect, marketing qualified lead, sales qualified lead, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in market/product research in highly technical fields
- MBA or consulting experience in a similar industry
- Ideally you have knowledge and experience in the fields of geology, mining, utilities, construction or infrastructure, preferably including previous trenchless/tunneling experience. You’re passionate about at least one of those fields, and care deeply about the customer's needs. You’re able to translate complex technical information into concise and easily understood presentations, spec sheets and punchy brochures / 1 pagers. You get excited about new technologies and like to dig into how things work. You take pride in creating content that answers customers’ questions and potential objections before they even ask.
Our commitment to you
- Highly demanded career in a growing industry: Trenchless Technologies is a rapidly growing industry, in Colombia and abroad. Becoming an expert in the industry represents job security and a long career.
- Learning and growth: We guarantee you will learn from some of the best industry experts
- Opportunity to Travel Internationally: You might have the opportunity to travel once a year to oversee our operations in the US.
What do we offer?
Our goal at Zilper is to help our team to grow and learn. That's why we will invest significant time in helping you develop the skills that you'll need to build a strong career.
- Salary: To be defined
About The Company
- Zilper Trenchless Corporation is a construction technology startup from MIT that specializes in creating cost-efficient equipment for underground infrastructure projects. Our vision is to significantly reduce the cost of infrastructure by developing new technologies in what is typically a very traditional field. The company was acquired by PETRA, a bigger startup based in San Francisco, CA and since then it has begun to expand rapidly. Our lead product is a machine that uses a patented Assisted Dynamic Boring (ADB) technology to install and replace pipes underground without the need to disrupt the surface. The company has operations in Bogota, Colombia, and will be entering the US Market in 2023.
- Full time