Head of Marketing
Plant Your Roots with Us!
At Prime Roots, we want to celebrate the culture of meat. we love eating it, but for the sake of the planet, know there has to be a better way. In a peak life stage of experimentation – their journey through UC Berkeley – founders Kim and Josh were well aware of our climate crisis, but felt completely powerless against the enormous industries that supported it. Eventually, they realized the one thing they could control: the meat they ate every day.
After determining what makes meat, meat (the familiar texture and rich umami), Kim and Josh found a foundation in koji. From that moment, they dreamed of walking into the grocery store and seeing an entire deli case filled with Koji Meats.
Prime Roots is seeking a Head of Marketing who’ll lead all our marketing activities from digital content and campaigns to advertising, in-store merchandising and marketing, and creative projects. Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand and narrative, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. Ultimately, you will run our Marketing department in ways that promote Prime Roots’ brand, mission, and products to both industry customers as well as end consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Craft strategies and plans for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications, In-Store Marketing and Merchandising, and Creative.
- Oversee all aspects of trade marketing as well as consumer marketing - including content.
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department.
- Set, monitor and report on team goals and initiatives.
- Plan and mobilize trade strategies and all aspects of execution in-store including marketing and merchandising programs (especially point of sale).
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material).
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features).
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness and to promote product sell throughs and velocities.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives.
- Collaborate and work closely with Sales to create collateral and materials to best support sales efforts (to close accounts as well as to make accounts most successful in store).
- Collaborating with internal and external resources for execution of all marketing related initiatives and projects (including all creative projects).
- Oversee and be part of physical execution and merchandising programs.
- Must have quantitative chops for tracking all campaigns and content (physical and digital) and understanding impacts of investments and progress over time.
Who you are:
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in consumer and/or product marketing, preferably within the food and beverage space.
- Experience planning and running successful marketing campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of digital tools and channels for marketing.
- Must have experience with physical product and in-store marketing and merchandising.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals for team.
- Analytical and creative - have a love for testing/experimentation as well an eye for design.
- Previously overseen creative projects including art direction and copy writing and project management.
- Experience and comfort with overseeing and interacting with customers and consumers.
- Strong quantitative skills as well as writing skills to be able to tell stories with numbers and words to internal and external stakeholders.
Perks of working with us:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing innovative food startup.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and Commuter Benefits Accounts.
- Snacks, coffee, and tea to keep you fueled and energized at work.
- Weekly company-sponsored lunches.
- Loads of better-for-the-planet foods to try.
Something looks off?